Epiphone Brent Hinds Flying-V Custom in SilverburstLimited Edition
Epiphone proudly presents the new Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Brent Hinds Flying-V Custom, the debut signature model by the incredible Brent Hinds, lead singer and guitarist of Mastodon. Featuring the historic Flying V profile in a Silverburst finish with Lace USA Brent Hinds signature Hammer Claws Humbuckers and Grover Rotomatics 18:1 ratio machine heads. Modern legend Brent Hinds has been honored with both a Metal Hammer Golden Gods Award and by Guitar World for his ferocious guitar chops in Mastodon and has even appeared in the hit cable tv series, Game of Thrones. Epiphone is proud to welcome Brent into the House of Stathopoulo's elite group of signature artists with his own take on his favorite guitar, the Flying V.
Historic Flying V Style With A Modern Twist
The Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Brent Hinds Flying-V Custom features a Mahogany body with a Silverburst Finish and a Mahogany neck with the same profile of the original historic Flying V first released in the last 50s. Flying Vs have long been among Brent's favorite guitars. His new Custom Flying V has a Mahogany neck with a 24.75" scale length and a "1958" rounded profile and is hand-set and glued in. The Ebony fingerboard has a 12" radius with Pearloid "Block" inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets. The classic "V" headstock has Pearloid "Split Diamonds" with the now-famous 60s era Epiphone logo. On the back of the headstock is Epiphone's "2016" Limited Edition symbol and Brent Hinds' signature "Skull" logo. The body has 7-layer binding of alternating Pure White and Black while the Headstock and the pickguard have 5-layer Pure White and Black. The truss rod cover has the Gibson/Epiphone Bell-Shape with 2-layer (Black/White) binding and "Brent Hinds" in white.
Lace Hammer Claw Pickups
To power his premier Epiphone Signature Model, Brent chose Lace USA Brent Hinds signature Hammer Claws Humbuckers which were designed by Brent to unleash a bright attack with a smooth midrange crunch along with balanced lows with highly responsive dynamics. Brent's Lace Hammer Claws pickups excel at all gain levels from clean to face-melting distortion. Controls are classic Black "Top Hats" with metal inserts and include individual volume pots for each pickup and a master tone control.
Classic Epiphone Hardware
Brent chose Epiphone's legendary rock solid nickel hardware including a 1/4" Epiphone Heavy-Duty output jack with a 3-layer jack plate (Black/White/Black), a LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge, and a Traditional "V" tailpiece with a classic string-thru body design. And, the Brent Hinds Flying V Custom comes with super pro Grover Rotomatics machine heads with an incredibly accurate 18:1 turning ratio
Guitar World - Gold Award
"The Epiphone Brent Hinds Flying V Custom offers everything there is to love about a Flying V and more."
"The medium jumbo frets and 1958 neck profile provide the ultimate in playing comfort."
"The Hammer Claws pickups are the reason this guitar is a must buy, delivering soulful midrange and solid bass thump that sounds equally awesome clean or distorted to oblivion."
"With its Silverburst finish, combination of Flying V and Les Paul Custom features, and awesome-sounding Lace USA Brent Hinds Signature Hammer Claws humbuckers, this guitar is quite possibly one of the coolest Flying Vs ever conceived."
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: "1958" Rounded Profile
- Neck Joint: Set-Neck, Glued In
- Truss Rod Cover: Bell Shaped, 2-Layer (Black/White) "Brent Hinds" in White
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "Block"
- Frets: 22 Medium-Jumbo
- Headstock Inlay: Pearloid "Split Diamond" with "Epiphone" Logo
- Neck Pickup: Lace USA Brent Hinds Signature Hammer Claws Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Lace USA Brent Hinds Signature Hammer Claws Humbucker
- Controls: 3-Way Pickup Selector, 1-Neck Pickup Volume, 1-Bridge Pickup Volume, 1-Master Tone
- Knobs: Black "Top Hats" with Metal Inserts
- Binding: Body Top- 7*Layer, Headtsock-5-Layer, Fingerboard-1-Layer
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Traditional "V" String-thru Body
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Nut: Imitation Bone
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover Rotomatics, 18:1 Ratio
- Pickguard: 5-Layer
- Output Jack: 1/4" Epiphone Heavy-Duty, 3-Layer Jack Plate
- Other: "2016" Limited Edition Logo and Brent Hinds "Skull" Logo on Back of Headstock
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
6 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 23 April 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
5 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.