Boston-based punk legends Dropkick Murphys have collaborated with Duesenberg, creating a guitar and bass pairing to join the Alliance Series. Both finished in a distinctive Catalina Green Burst colour, these instruments combine vintage styling with modern functionality; the very thing that Duesenberg is known for.
The Duesenberg Sound
Duesenbergs have a unique sound that you can't really get from other electric guitars. This can be attributed to their acoustic-inspired tonewoods, with this guitar featuring a laminated Spruce top and laminated Flamed Maple back and sides. This combination of materials not only allows the Duesenberg Alliance Series Dropkick Murphys to sound open and vibrant when unplugged, but it also gives you a unique tone that works wonderfully with any clean or crunchy amp settings. In this case, particularly the latter!
The body is paired with a 1-piece Maple neck, set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. The Maple adds some bright top-end snap that gives notes a clearer and more immediate response, while the neck profile will suit both contemporary and traditional players alike. Finishing off the wood choices, you have an Indian Rosewood fingerboard that feels super-silky under the fingers.
If you have ever played a vintage guitar, it's likely that you would have encountered some serious tuning issues. That's why Duesenberg has sought to provide players with a charming, vintage-style guitar that has a few modern perks.
The Alliance Series Dropkick Murphys features Duesenberg's high-quality steel saddle bridge. While much like a typical tune-o-matic, this bridge is extremely reliable and easy to adjust; feeling rock solid under your right hand for palm-muted power chords. The Z-Tuners are also very tasteful; keeping your tuning in check while also easing the string-changing process. No more sharp string ends poking out!
Iconic Duesenberg Pickups
Most Duesenbergs come equipped with a custom humbucker in the bridge position and a P90 in the neck. This guitar is no exception. These award-winning pickups are synonymous with blues, rock and country, regarded for their clarity and precision. With a high dose of distortion, they also sing loud and clear. The GrandVintage humbucker and Domino P90 make for a perfect pairing, versatile enough for the aforementioned genres and much more.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Duesenberg Wing Inlays
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Matching body colour
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, 2 f-holes
- Top: Laminated spruce
- Back: Laminated flamed maple flat
- Sides: Laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11" x 13.38"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Special Artwork: Rose Tattoo Decal
- Binding: Cream, 3-layer purfling
- Finish: Catalina Green Burst
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Strap pins: Kluson Multilock
- Hardware finish: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Control Knobs: Laser engraved with Ken Casey and Jeff DaRosa’s initials and the logo of The Claddagh Fund