Duesenberg 440 Stop Tail Model in Natural Includes Hard Case
The Duesenberg 440 is a large, semi-acoustic guitar that has, on the one hand, strong character and unique style, while, on the other hand, it is capable of mastering nearly any genre. This is due in part to the special Duesenberg pickup assembly that includes a Domino P90 and a grand Vintage humbucker. It also owes quite a bit to the tricked-out details at the heart of its design. A full and rich sound spectrum extends in all directions from clean and crisp to crunchy and distorted ? while a certain characteristic twang always shines through with transparency and brilliance.
The Duesenberg 440 is similar to the popular C.C model but instead of the Deluxe Tremola ? because not everyone needs a trem-system! ? it comes with an aluminum stop-tailpiece. If you're looking for great guitar tone with rock steady tuning then this guitar could be just what you're after.
Style and Substance
A hint of elegance emanates from the ?oval ring? inlays on the fretboard, the five-layer binding on the body and the distinctive plexi-pickguard with black/gold underlay. Traditionally constructed bent sides and the set-in neck of this instrument combine with an arched spruce top and a flamed maple back. The combination of a stunning finish on the body and a dark, rich looking neck means this guitar looks genuinly amazing.
An interior sustain block effectively eliminates feedback at higher decibel levels on stage. Sound transfer is supplied ?typically for Duesenberg ? by a Domino P90 singlecoil at the neck and a Grand Vintage humbucker at the bridge.
It's rare to find this combination of pickups on a guitar and it gives you a great variety of tones to choose from. Each one is incredibly well setup and the pairing of pickups gives you some truly amazing sounds.
These guitars look great, sound amazing and are built to exacting standards.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: saturn-shape pearloid
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: rosewood veneer
- Type: semi-acoustic with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: laminated spruce
- Back, sides: laminated birdseye maple
- Size: 51,5 x 41 x 6,8 cm / 20.27" x 16" x 2.75"
- Binding: cream, 5-layer purfling
- Pickguard: black & gold
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tailpiece: aluminum stop tailpiece
- Strap pins: Kluson Multi-Lock
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Case: Custom Line case (included)
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)