Slash has brandished his fair share of iconic instruments. But even among his impressive guitar collection, few were as bold as the EDS-1275 Doubleneck. This eye-popping instrument from 1966 was purchased by the man himself a from a small music store in Indiana in 1990, and as they say – the rest is history.
Now Gibson proudly present a truly once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity to own a faithful Custom Shop recreation of the Slash’s iconic doubleneck. Only 125 exist worldwide, and each one is hand-signed by Slash himself – a piece of rock ‘n’ roll history.
Body & Neck
As you might expect, the top-class luthiers at Gibson’s Nashville Custom Shop have pulled out all the stops; accurate specs down to the finest detail. First up, a lightweight 1-piece solid Mahogany body – yes, 1-piece – strikes the perfect balance between trademark Gibson resonance and playing comfort.
The neck continues the solid Mahogany theme, adorned with an Indian Rosewood fretboard and those Split Parallelogram inlays. An authentic ’66 medium-C profile completes the picture across both necks, just like Slash’s own.
Hardware & Electronics
Again, the Gibons CS luthiers know a thing or two about creating that realistic vintage vibe. The chrome hardware, used throughout with the exception of the Nickel 6-string bridge, has been painstakingly worn and aged to pinch-yourself realism. The metal tulip tuners are a beautiful touch, a rare appearance even for Gibson CS models.
A 5-ply black pickguard is reminiscent of the classic SG aesthetic, with Black Top Hat knobs adding another touch of old-school cool. To make the most of the 6-string/12-string combo, the pickups needed to be just right. Enter the Custombucker Alnico IIIs, considered a Holy Grail of the pickup world. This is the closest Gibson get to reproducing that much-loved PAF sound from the ‘50s and ‘60s.
All things considered, this is the sort of instrument that comes along once every decade or so. A transcendent guitar experience, lovingly crafted from start to finish! Only 125 models will be sold worldwide, each hand-signed and numbered by Slash himself. Each will include a vintage replica hardshell case, a custom Slash concho guitar strap and a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body Material: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer (Aged)
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Authentic '66 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" / 304.8mm
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Corian
- Nut Width: 1.687" / 42.85mm
- End-of-Board Width: 2.24" / 56.89mm
- Inlays: Celluloid Split Parallelogram
- Finish: Chrome - Aged
- Tailpiece: Aged Chrome - 12 String, Aged Nickel - 6 String
- Tuners: Double Line, Metal Tulip
- Pickguard: Black 5-Ply
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Custom Hot Stamp
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III
- Controls: Switchcraft Toggle Switch
- Strings: 6 String - .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046; 12 String - .010, .014, .024, .009, .030, .012, .040, .018, .048, .0.28
- Case: 1275
- Included Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit