Here's what Akai say about the MPK Mini Mk 2:
Go mobile without losing control. The new MPK mini is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. With an array of hardware controls, MPK mini lets you record, compose, and perform with virtual instruments, effect plugins, and DAWs whenever inspiration strikes. It features 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads, and 8 assignable Q-Link knobs. Plus, two banks expand the number of MPC-style pads to 16 for extended creative capabilities.
MPK mini includes all the essentials for quickly laying down and expanding upon your musical ideas. Dedicated Octave Up and Down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built in for expressive playing and recording. An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines with little effort. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access genuine technologies from Akai Professional’s line of MPC workstations.
- Number of Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 2 banks
- Knobs: 8 assignable controller pots
- Computer interface: USB-MIDI communications to Mac/PC
- Programs: 4
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat button, Full Level button, Tap Tempo button
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- Power: USB power via full-size USB jack; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 12.5" x 7.13" x 1.75"
- Weight: 1.65 lbs