The 314ce has long been a popular model from Taylor's 300 Series due to it's modern sound, solid build and reliability. Taylor's Grand Auditorium body shape provides a smaller, more ergonomic alternative to players who struggle with larger dreadnought style guitars. The 314ce LTD has been upgraded with a number of premium features, showcasing stunning visuals and enhanced playability, elevating the versatile workhorse to sublime heights.
The 314ce LTD features an upgraded torrefied Sitka Spruce top which takes advantage of Taylor's roasting recipe. The result is a more aged, "played-in" tone, adding a sweetness and depth that normally only come with time. A beautiful quilted Sapele back and sides provide a focussed tone that complements the Spruce top perfectly and is enhanced with a blackwood stain to bring out the grain. Underneath the hood is Taylor's ground-breaking V-Class bracing which produces notes that are louder and with more sustain and better intonation.
ES2 Expression System
The 314ce comes with Taylor's revolutionary ES2 Expression system which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than traditional under-saddle pickups. Delivering a transparent sound that doesn't colour the guitar's natural characteristics, the ES2 is simple to use and takes the 314ce LTD to new levels of sonic beauty. The ES2 is the perfect plug-and-play style pickup and works as well on stage as it does in a studio environment.
- Top Material: Torrefied Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Quilted Sapele
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Black
- Top Finish: Satin
- Back Config: 2-Piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Satin
- Rosette Material: Plastic
- Stain/Sunburst: Edgeburst Top, Blackwood Stain Back & Sides
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Engraved Victorian, Italian Acrylic
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: Black
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel Material: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Frets: 20
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Inlay: Engraved Victorian, Italian Acrylic
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Satin Black
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta Saddle
- Pickup: ES2 Expression System
- Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case Included