Welcome to the dramatically improved Mesa Boogie Express 5:50+ with four awesome new features either inspired by top of the range pro touring amps from Mesa.
The Express Plus is the same great rack head as the original with all of the quality in both tone and build quality that comes with the Mesa Engineering label. The Express covers loads of classic Mesa tones from classy cleans through dirty crunches through to searing lead distortion.
Here's what Mesa say about the Express Plus 5:50+ Head:
With uniquely inspiring tone and a layout that’s intuitive and easy to navigate, it’s no wonder The Express Plus Line has become one of our most popular instruments. All-Tube and Hand-Built in our only shop in Petaluma, CA, the Express Plus offers genre-defining sounds, near-limitless versatility and unbeatable value that others can only imitate.
How do we do it? We’ve been doing this for 44 years with all the same people…it’s our Experience – and there are no shortcuts to that. The new Express Plus amplifiers feature four exciting new features that bring them even closer to the flagship status of our award-winning MARK FIVE.
- Patented Multi-Watt technology lets you chose the output wattage from 5w, 25w or 50 independently for each channel. Each option actually reconfigures the elements of the power amp section so that you aren't just running a 50w amp attenuated to 5w but you can get the proper feel and tone of a dedicated 5w amp complete with the smooth and rich Class A electronics
- Footswitchable 'Solo' master volume boost control for increasing the overall volume of the amp with just a tap. More effective that booster pedals that just drive the tubes harder resulting in increase in gain without a bit increase in volume.
- Footswitchable Graphic EQ for tine adjustments or dial in a preset V scoop with the 'preset' dial. You can mix and match between the Graphic EQ and Preset knob for each channel independently
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 4 Style Modes: Channel 1 choose from Clean for glassy tones or Crunch for low gain overdrive tones through to dirty rock tone. Channel 2: Blues or Burn Modes
- Build Location Petaluma, CA USA with the World's Finest Materials
- Wattage Multi-Watt™ 5, 25 or 50 (Channel Assignable)
- Power Tube Type 2x Mesa 6L6
- Channels & Modes 2 Channels / 4 Modes
- Mode Voicings / Styles Ch. 1 = Clean or Crunch
- Ch. 2 = Blues or Burn
- Graphic EQ / Reverb / FX / Solo Graphic EQ, Reverb, FX Loop & Solo
- Footswitchable Functions Ch. 1/2, Reverb, EQ & Solo