Please Note: This product is an Electronic Serial Download. It is therefore NOT boxed.
Garritan World Instruments is a new collection of over 350 expressive and exotic instruments from around the world. The world has such a beautiful and rich music heritage expressed through a myriad of diverse instruments. Here is a world of instruments waiting for you to explore and take your music in new and exciting directions.
Features in World Instruments
The Most Comprehensive World Instrument Collection
With over 350 individually sampled ethnic instruments, Garritan World Instruments offers more individually sampled instruments than any other ethnic sample library. Create various sections and groupings - Oriental orchestras, Ewe ensembles, Taiko ensembles, drumming circles, or many groupingss and ensembles of your choosing.
ARIA Advanced Instrument Player - Designed for Compatibility
World Instruments now includes the advanced new ARIA engine. There is no need to purchase a separate sampler. This highly-optimized sample player is efficient, fast loading, and has a low CPU demand. ARIA supports Mac (OS 10.5 and higher) and Windows (XP & higher). It runs standalone, as a plug-in (VST, Audio Units, RTAS), and with supported notation programs. Iti s compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit systems and powered with Conexant's Endless Wave streaming technology.
Ensemble & Group Presets
Access various ensembles and groupings, from traditional Chinese orchestras, Gamelan ensembles, Taiko groups, drumming circles to eclectic Bollywood bands, folk bands, or create any group of your choosing. The Ensemble Manager makes it easy to load pre-configured and user-created templates.
The Garritan World Instruments Library is designed with playability and expressive control in mind. It features controls for dynamics, vibrato, keyswitched bends and tremolos, rolls, arpeggios, airflow noises, legato, auto-variability, auto-portamento, trills and more that make these samples realistic and expressive. Many of the controls in Garritan World Instruments are streamlined and standardized so that users can quickly become familiar with the library.
Garritan World Instruments is unique in its full support for Scala files, a standard format that allows instruments to play in various temperaments and scales. World Instruments includes many instrument and region-specific tunings, and users can also add their own.
World Instruments Partial List
- Africa: Kora, Ngoni, Domu, Begena, Mijwiz 1, Mijwiz 2, Arghul, Ewe drum collection (Kpanlogos, Kagan, Sogo), Udu drums, Doun Doun drums, Talking drums, Djembe, Mbira, Log drums, Bougarabou, Fontomfrom, Balafon, Gyil, Ipo, Kalimba, Mbira, Tama, Bolon bass, and many other African instruments.
- China: Erhu (vibrato control), Guzheng harps, Pipa, Yuequin, Bawu, Di-Zi, Guanzi, Hulusi, Sheng, Suona, Xiao, Bo, Darangu Lion Drum, Bianzhong, Temple bells & blocks, Chinese gongs & cymbals, and various other Chinese instruments.
- India: Sitar, Sarangi, Tambura, Electric Sitar. Small Zheng, Yuequin, Bansuris, Pungi Snake Charmer, Shenai, Indian Whistle, Harmonium, Tablas, Dafli, Damroo, Chimtas, Dhol, Manjeera, Mridangam, Naal ,Pakhawaj, Tamte, Tasha, Tavil, and many other Indian instruments.
- Japan: Complete Taiko Drum collection, Koto, Shakuhachi, Hichiriki, Sanshin, Shamisen, Knotweed Flute, , Okedo, Tebyoshi, Tsuzumi and other Japanese instruments.
- Other Asian Regions: Jogi Baja, Piri, Gopichand, Dan Tranh, Dan Ty Ba, Thai Mouth OrganTangku Drum, Madal, Luo & Thai Gongs, Gedul, and more.
- Europe: Celtic & Wire Strung Harps, Mandolins, Zitter, Collection of Recorders, Irish and other whistles, Double flutes, Overtone Flutes, Sideblown flutes, folk flutes, Chanters and Bagpipes, Bodran, Hang drum, Jews harps, accordions, Alphorn and many other European instruments.
- Middle East: Oud, Santoor, Duduk, Maqrunah, Naqqra, Bendir, Daff, Dumbek, Darabuka, Kuddum, Riqq, Tumbak, Zarb, Zills and other Middle Eastern instruments.
- North America: Fiddle (vibrato control), Banjo, Dulcimer, Zither, Washtub Bass, Native Flute, Fife, Bottle Blows, Slide Whistle, Powwow drum, Buffalo drum, Cherokee drum, Pueblo drum, Log drum, Washboard bass, Harmonicas and more.
- Latin America: South American & Veracruz Harps, Guitarron, Quena, Tarka, Panpipes, Ocarinas, Steel Drums, Bandoneon, Berimbau, Bombo, Rain Stick, an extensive Latin Percussion collection, and more.
Oceania & Australia:
- Complete Gamelon collections, Didgeridoo, Sulings, Rebab, Ukeleles, Hawaiian Nose Flute, Conch shell, Bullroarer, Ipu, Hawaiian percussion and more.