Born in NYC’s Little Italy, D’Angelico is widely regarded as one of the finest archtop guitar manufacturers of the 20th century. Fast forward to modern day and they’re making guitars of all shapes and sizes - built with the same exceptional detail, mastery and flair that put them on the map.
The Deluxe Mini DC strikes a balance between classic D’Angelico design and contemporary performance. Combining classy D’Angelico design with a compact semi-hollow build, this is a workhorse instrument that’ll never fail to turn heads.
The Mini DC is a double-cut semi-hollow shrunk down to the size of a standard solid body guitar. The body is made of a laminate maple, offering up plenty of top-end brightness to contrast with the warm semi-hollow sound. 5-ply binding rounds it off with a touch of class.
The 3-piece neck has a contemporary ‘C’ shape with a flat 16-inch ebony fingerboard for fast and smooth-feeling fretting. Combined with the semi-hollow configuration and HH pickup setup, you get a warm, clear and versatile sound that’ll suit anything from hard rock to jazz-funk.
Hardware and Electronics
Its dual Seymour Duncan Seth Lover A4 humbuckers deliver a powerful yet warm and gutsy sound. Thanks to the coil-tap controls, the Deluxe DC cleans up beautifully and has plenty of tones on offer.
The hardware is gold from top to bottom, including Grover Super Rotomatic Locking tuners - it’s an undeniably striking instrument. But everything has a purpose; expect fantastic tuning stability, squeaky-clean intonation and reliability across the board.
- Colour: Gold
- Material: Ebony
- Binding: 5-ply
- Fretwire: Jescar Medium Jumbo 57/110
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Radius: 16"
- Top Inlay: Mother of Pearl/Abalone Split Block
- Side Marker: Yes
- Fret Number: 22
- Material: 3 piece
- Finish: Satin
- Profile: C-Shape
- Joint Type: Set-Thru
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 20mm
- Thickness at 12th Fret: 22mm
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Tuners: Grover Super Rotomatic Locking, Gold
- Body Shape: Double Cutaway
- Body Style: Semi-Hollow (with centerblock)
- Finish: Satin
- Top Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Binding: 5-Ply
- Bridge: Gold Tune-O-Matic
- Tail & Tailpiece: D’Angelico Stopbar
- Pickguard: Tortoise Scalini (5-Ply)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Standard Toggle
- Knobs: 4 Ebony
- Electronics: 2 Humbucker / 2 Volume / 2 Tone / 3-way Toggle Switch
- Pickup (Neck): Seymour Duncan Seth Lover A4 Neck, Gold
- Pickup Bridge: Seymour Duncan Seth Lover A4 Neck, Gold
- Pots: 500k
- Output Jack: Standard Mono
- Includes Deluxe Hard Shell Case