Here's what Jackson say about the Soloist SL1X:
The Jackson® name has always been synonymous with state-of-the-art guitar technology, and the company continues to lead the way in crafting instruments that exceed the demands of today’s most discerning players. Melding classic style with modern materials and construction, the Jackson X Series Soloist™ SL1X
is yet another bold step in the world of high-tech guitars.
A stylishly contoured poplar body and pure Jackson neck-through body construction ensure ergonomic comfort during long sets along with monstrous sustain and smooth playing all the way up to the 24th jumbo fret. Graphite-reinforcement rods run through the maple neck, protecting it against environmental depredations, while the ultra-fast 12”-16” compound radius bound laurel fingerboard is built from the get-go for easy chording and riffing near the nut and rapid, fret-out-free leads as you move up the neck.
The SL1X comes loaded with a select power trio of Duncan Designed™ pickups; high-output HR-101 Hot Rails single-coil pickups in the middle and neck positions are matched to a powerful HB-103B humbucking bridge pickup for complementary harmonics and highly dynamic responsiveness. Harness the sonic horsepower of these versatile pickups with five-way pickup blade switching and single volume and tone controls.
The recessed Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system is fluidly easy to use, ensuring that your axe precisely returns to its original tuning after every dive-bomb or harmonic squeal.
Loaded with purebred Jackson DNA and unbelievable value, the Jackson X Series Soloist SL1X is decked out in shocking Platinum Pink or Taxi Cab Yellow finishes with white dot inlays, zebra pickup bobbins, famed Jackson pointy headstock and black hardware.
- Series: X
- Body Shape: Soloist™
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss Color Matched
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Special Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups: Duncan Designed™ HB-103B (Bridge) Duncan Designed™ HR-101 Hot Rails® (Middle & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black