PLEASE NOTE: Branding Disclaimer
These microphones are 100% authentic Oktava products. The name that appears on the mic - OKMABA - is simply the Cyrillic version of the word.
The MK-012 from Oktava is a premium capacitor mic that features a selection of swappable capsules. Featuring a compact, sleek design, the mic and its accessories come in a smart wooden box with a soft inner lining.
Choose your Capsule
Alongside the mic itself, you'll have access to a range of capsules that can be changed in and out on-the-fly. Choose from omni-directional, cardioid or hypercardioid polar patterns to suit whatever recording scenario you find yourself in. A broad and flat response means that your source is precisely captured, helping to mirror its natural voice.
Each capsule boasts an accurate and sturdy interior connection system. This guarantees effective electrical contact between your capsule and the actual mic. Oktava have also included a -10 dB pad which should be used if you're operating in a space with a high SPL.
What is it suitable for?
These mics can be used for recording to picture, live theatre, broadcasting, and operate just as well in the studio. When using the mic in a pair, they're particularly good for spaced stereo and coincident techniques, as well as overhead use when performing live.
- 1 x microphone body (preamp)
- 1 x cardioid capsule
- 1 x omni-directional capsule
- 1 x hypercardioid capsule
- 1 x -10dB pad
- 1 x mic holder
- 1 x wooden box
- Mic type: Small diaphragm condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Omnidirectional
- Freq. Response: 20-20000Hz
- Phantom voltage required: 48 +- 2V
- Full impedance, module: less than 300 ohms
- Weighted SPL (ref. DIN 45412): 18 dBA
- Maximum SPL in 250-8000Hz range, (less than 0.5% THD): 130 db
- Free field sensitivity at 1KHz: <10 mV/Pa
- Free field sensitivity roll off from 40Hz to 20KHz should not exceed: +- 3 db
- Weight with 3 capsules and pad: 200 grams
- Length: 128mm
- Max diameter/width: 23mm
- Accessories included: Mic holder
- The difference in free field sensitivity between 0° and 90° should be as follows: For omnidirectional capsule: in 40-1000 Hz range (no more than 2 db), in 1-5 KHz range (no more than 4 db), in 5-8 KHz range (no more than 8 db). For cardioid capsule: in 250-8000 Hz range (no less than 4 db), For hypercardioid capsule: in 250-5000 Hz range (no less than 8 db)
- Average sensitivity difference between O° and 180° for cardioid capsule in 63-12500 Hz range: 16 db