The classic NS shape, a figured maple top and hot pickups make this a no brainer for any modern bassist.
The Legend 5 Classic has dual SSD INC, combined with the built in Spector TonePump Jr preamp, you can run these pickups hot and get that killer punchy tone. You also get a 12db boost or cut as well as bass and treble control.
In this price range, the Spector is hard to beat. Modern design, great tone and quality hardware you can rely on. There’s no wonder they call it The Legend.
History of Spector
In the late 1970’s, Stuart Spector started crafting handmade basses in his Brooklyn based workshop. By 1977 He and Ned Steinberger had designed what was to become a revolution in the bass world.
The NS-1 stepped away from traditional large, angular bodied basses and created an instrument designed for the modern musician. With curves and contours which sit comfortably against the body, the NS-1 quickly became a favourite amongst progressive players.
The legend of the NS-1 has continued to this day, and the gorgeous curved body that made it unique is used the world over. Spector basses are still a favourite amongst modern players too with artists like Mike Inez (Alice in Chains), Doug Wimbish (Living Colour) and Tom Doyle (Don Broco).
Here’s what Spector say about the Legend 5 Classic
The Legend 5 Classic offers the coveted Spector NS body design at a price that is well within the reach of all bassists. The extremely comfortable curved body is crafted from solid maple and sports a genuine figured maple top, a three piece maple neck, a 24 fret rosewood fingerboard, and professional quality die-cast hardware.
Specially designed SSD humbuckers are complemented by Spector’s TonePump Jr. active tone controls that offer 12dB boost and cut as well as interactive treble and bass controls. Adorned with a high gloss finish that accentuates the beautifully figured maple, the Legend 5 Classic offers the looks, tone, and playability of basses twice its price.
- Wood : 3pc Maple; Bolt-on
- Finger : Rosewood, with dot markers
- Number of Frets : 24
- Scale Length : 35"
- Radius : 16"
- Width at Nut : 1.75"
- Our original NS curved and carved body shape
- Wood : Genuine Figured Maple over Maple
- Colours : Black Cherry, Natural, Trans Purple.
- Black Cherry only with Left Handed and Lined Fretless option.
- Finish : High Gloss
- Bridge : Spector locking die-cast
- String Spacing at Bridge: .66"
- Strap Buttons : Standard
Pickups and Electronics
- Neck Pickup : SSD INC humbucker
- Bridge Pickup : SSD INC humbucker
- Active Tone Controls : Spector TonePump Jr™
- +/-12db boost only, bass and treble
- Controls : bridge pickup volume, neck pickup volume,
- treble boost, bass boost
- Korean made, nickel 45-66-80-100-120
- Five Years against manufacturing defects to the Original Owner when purchased new from an authorized Spector Dealer.