Here's what Ernie Ball Music Man say about their StingRay5 Special Bass
The first bass designed by Ernie Ball Music Man, the Stingray 5 was unveiled in 1987 and has been an industry standard for extended range basses ever since. With its powerful punchy sound, the added flexibility of additional pickups and a comfortably contoured body the StingRay5 satisfies even the most demanding of players.
- Material: Select Hardwoods
- Pickguard: Black
- Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Construction: Bolt On - 5 bolts, Sculpted Neck joint
- Material: Roasted Maple
- Nut Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 11"
- Frets: 22 - High Profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Scale Length: 34"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Headstock: Natural
Hardware & Electronics
- Tuners: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Strings: .045, .065, .080, .100, .130 (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
- Pickup: Humbucker with Neodymium magnets
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass