The Fender Professional Jazz Bass is one of those basses that needs no introduction. It's got the classic J-Bass look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the 50s! With Michael Bump V-Mod pickups, a fantastic fretless design, and a comfortable slim modern C shaped neck for even better playing comfort.
Having a fretless bass allows to slide up and down for the specific fretless tone, and the professional gives you a high quality instrument with this feature.
The Rosewood fretboard also gives you a bit more depth and warmth than Maple would. Not to mention the Posiflex Graphite Rods that reinforce the neck to avoid unwanted movement changing the action and feel of the bass.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case.
The V-Mod single-coil Jazz pickups were designed by Michael Bump to give the modern output you need but with the vintage, warmth and tone that everyone loves.
The neck shape is a Slim Modern C which gives the comfort and reliability of a modern feeling bass without straying far from the classic Jazz bass feel. With a bone nut and 9.5" fretboard radius for optimum sustain and feel.
Here's what Fender say about the fretless Jazz Bass
At Fender, we live and breathe electric instruments. We never rest—pushing craftsmanship to its limits, we design, test and endlessly experiment to create the best instruments on the planet. The Jazz Bass, a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass, is the earliest example of
this philosophy in action. Evolved for today’s musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass Fretless combines modern features and materials with Fender’s craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazz Bass Fretless is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “Slim C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: Fretless, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: White Line Fret Markers (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (748)
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: NA
- Controls: Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound, (.045, .060,
- .080, .100 Gauges)
- Case: Fender Official Hard Case