Epiphone's Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass is a modern reproduction of the same classic bass guitar that was first introduced to musicians in 1963. It'll transport you back to the golden age of rock n roll.
This instrument is a faithful recreation of the iconic, original instrument. Engineers at Epiphone meticulously studied the old Thunderbird models to make sure that this new version was as accurate as possible. Back in the '60s, this bass guitar was present on hit tracks from heavyweight acts like Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Who. With a striking offset body design and a vintage tone, this bass is old-school style and sound personified. This variant features powerful new ProBucker Bass Humbuckers, as well as a '60s style tune-o-matic bridge and claw tailpiece.
- Body Material: Mahogany Body Wings
- Neck Material: 7-ply; Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Shape: 1960's Rounded Bass Profile
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Scale Length: 34"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 1-ply black with "Epiphone" silkscreened in GOLD
- Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Inlay: pearloid "dot" inlays
- Binding: None
- Nut Imitation: Bone; White
- Nut Width|: 1-1/2"
- Pickguard: 3-Layer (White/Black/White); "Thunderbird" logo in black
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Open-gear Bass Tuners with historic "Clover" buttons; 17:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbucker
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal; Toggle Cap, White
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with chrome metal inserts
- Bridge: 1960s TB-Bass Tune-o-matic; Adjustable
- Tailpiece: 1960s "Claw" Tailpiece
- Plastic Parts: Black; PVC