When Empress Effects released their original Compressor pedal back in 2011, it quickly became a favourite among guitar and bass players alike. Providing more than what most typical comp stompboxes could offer, many of which are hindered by oversimplified controls, Empress has now designed a dedicated Compressor for bass with studio-like features. The original worked great, but this goes one better!
On top of the full range of controls normally only seen in high-end recording equipment, including input and gain reduction metering, independent attack and release controls, a mix knob for parallel compression, and an external sidechain insert - Empress has now added a fully variable sidechain high-pass filter and a two-position ‘tone + colour’ circuit which adds gentle tone-sculpting and harmonic distortion, giving your bass some delicious character.
- All Analog Signal Path - No digitals in here!
- Extremely Transparent - Add dynamic control without altering the original tone of your instrument.
- 3 Compression Ratios - 2:1, 4:1 and 10:1 ratios offer lots of flexibility.
- Attack and Release Control - Allows for ultimate control over the compression characteristics.
- Mix - Blend uncompressed signal in with the compressed signal for parallel compression, New York Style!
- Metering - Meter both gain reduction and input on separate meters.
- Tone + Color - Adds mild harmonic distortion with a mid range cut or an upper mid range boost.
- Sidechain Send/Return - 3.5mm TRS jack send and return for sidechain compresson.
- Sidechain High Pass Filter - A variable high pass filter that filters low frequencies from the sidechain. The filter frequency ranges from 20Hz to 400Hz.
- Improved Low End Frequency Response - To handle those low low sounds, completely flat down to 20Hz.
- True Display LEDs - Bright multi-color LEDs always let you know what the compressor is doing.
- True Bypass - The Empress Compressor employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Small Size - New enclosure approximately half the size of the original compressor, which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Beautiful Case - It has a sparkle you can't deny, available in blue or silver!
- Input Impedance: 1M
- Output Impedance: 2.2k
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 10Hz - 20kHz
- Distortion: Less Than 0.1%
- Noise: -101dB
- Power Input Voltage: 9-18V DC (Negative Tip)
- Power Input Connector: 2.1mm Barrel Connector (Negative Tip)
- Power Consumption: ~ 100mA
- Enclosure Material: Die Cast Aluminium
- Input Connector: 1/4" Jack
- Output Connector: 1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure Only): 1.5"
- Height (Including Controls): 2.5"
- Length: 4.8"
- Width: 2.6"
- Weight: 1lbs