The 'Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine' (formerly called the 'ADAM') is Darkglass Electronics' most ambitious release to date! Collaboratively designed with modern metal pioneer Adam “Nolly” Getgood, whose cutting-edge bass playing and production prowess has been heard on some of the most acclaimed metal albums of recent times, the Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine sets out to capture his trademark signal chain and studio setup in one stunning and remarkably compact enclosure.
More Than a Mere Bass Pedal
Darkglass made their name from their feature-packed bass preamp and distortion pedals, but ADAM is much more than a mere bass stompbox. Essentially a multi-effects workstation for contemporary bassists, the Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine pedal offers compression and distortion effects, along with IR cabinet simulations, a 6-band EQ, built-in tuner, audio interface capabilities, Bluetooth connectivity and MIDI (plus signal chain presets).
The result is a fully-fledged performance, recording and practice floor device. By combining all of these features into one slick package, Darkglass Electronics have made ADAM a tool for opening up truly boundless realms for tone shaping, sound exploration and creative experimentation.
IR Cab Simulations
Out of the box, the Darkglass Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine offers a bank of 5 IR (impulse response) cabinet simulations and the ability to add many more through the Darkglass Suite, via USB or wirelessly with Bluetooth. In addition to a continuously increasing database of impulse responses, the Darkglass Suite also has the potential to load any custom IR that you may have, from different sources. Plus, as time goes on, there will be future upgrades that further increase the functionality of the pedal.
Studio Compression & Ferocious Distortion
The Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine's compressor section is based on an emulation of a classic rackmount FET compressor unit, and also features a separate multi-band compressor for the clean side chain. The drive section is based on all of the various dirt tones Nolly uses and is known for, most notably through his work with modern djent titans Periphery.
Intuitive 6-Band Equalisation
ADAM sports a unique and innovative touch slider interface for its 6-band EQ. Utilising fully-tactile slider potentiometers, each with multi-colour positioning LEDs, not only render the Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine visually appealing, they also make it extremely intuitive to use along with top-notch precision. In addition, all the main potentiometer controls also feature LED ‘light-rings’, so you can see what your settings are at a glance.
The three innovative, fully-programmable rotating preset footswitches are capable of storing and instantly recalling your favourite unique blend of compression, distortion, impulse responses, EQ parameters and signal chain settings.
Including a USB-C audio interface and balanced stereo outputs for studio monitors, ADAM is also equipped with an accurate chromatic tuner that works perfectly with down-tuned guitars and basses too. Add in the latest Bluetooth A2DP technology to listen to backing tracks from your smartphone or tablet while playing, rehearsing or studying and a headphone output and the Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine becomes one of the most helpful tools you will ever have to help you make music!
- Adam “Nolly” Getgood signature pedal - captures his trademark signal chain in a compact enclosure
- Exclusive blend of Compression, Distortion, Cabinet Simulation, EQ and signal chain settings
- Three separately switchable channels controlled via 3 multi-function switches (push/rotate): A/ ‘FET-Style’ Compressor - 5 modes + bypass, B/ Distortion - 5 modes + bypass, C/ Cabinet simulation - 5 Impulse Responses + bypass
- Separate Clean side-chain Multiband Compressor
- 6-band graphic equalizer with unique touch sensitive sliders
- 5 potentiometer controls for Compression, Drive, Character, Blend and Level
- Integrated HQ headphone amp with separate volume control
- Free Darkglass Suite via USB for PC/Mac or Bluetooth via mobile app: for loading additional IRs, control of Bluetooth audio in, control of audio interface
- Two balanced 6.3 mm (Left/Right). balanced XLR and 3.5 mm headphone outputs
- Bluetooth and 3.5 mm Aux connections (allows jamming with backing tracks)
- USB-C audio interface• MIDI IN via 3.5 mm TRS
- Powered by 9V DC PSU (centre -, 2.1 mm, ~ 500 mA current draw)