Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
The Iconic Vintage JM Eleganté is based on the original offset electric guitar from the '60s, but comes equipped with a raft of premium components that take it far beyond the classic blueprint! Iconic's very own 'Revolution JM' pickups give this instrument a beautiful voice; lending themselves to expressive players who prefer articulation and touch sensitivity over sheer power.
Other key appointments include an exquisitely-machined Mastery vibrato unit, with a set of Gotoh staggered tuners and a bone nut ensuring superb tuning stability. The Eleganté's body/neck binding, mother-of-pearl block inlays and 5-ply black pickguard culminate in a classy look that makes the model's name more than befitting!
- 2-Piece Alder Body — Timeless tonewood choice synonymous with bolt-on electric guitars. Provides a balanced tonal foundation for the pickups, with tight lows, bold mids and singing highs.
- Medium "C" Maple Neck — Contemporary shape that fills the hand for supportive, reassuring playability. Finished in nitrocellulose for a vintage look and feel; gracefully ageing over time!
- 9.5-12” Compound Radius Fingerboard — Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, this radius flattens out the higher you go to make lead lines easier to play. Fingerboard enhanced with rolled edges for a silky-smooth feel too!
- Iconic Revolution JM Pickups — Proprietary single-coils capture that classic "chimey" jazz-style tone, with low output giving you lots of dynamic range; perfect for expressive players.
- Mastery Vibrato — Innovative, premium tremolo featuring a valve spring custom-made from high carbon steel, which precisely returns to pitch even after significant use. "Tabless" fulcrum plate ensures even distribution across entire string edge for a smoother pitch bend.
- Gotoh SD91 Tuners — Staggered design reduces the tension exerted on the strings behind the nut; improving tuning stability.
- Bone Nut — Traditional, low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and boosts sustain.
- Handcrafted in the USA — Built in California for the most discerning of musicians, promising "unparalleled tone and unsurpassed quality" in the company's own words.
About Iconic Guitars
Hailing from sunny California, Iconic Guitars are a small team of custom shop guitar builders with a wicked sense of style. Their creations harness some of the high points of historic guitar building, all the while boasting extravagantly exotic finishes that you won't see anywhere else. These are some seriously unique instruments, hand-built to an unmistakeable high quality using top-notch woods, custom electronics and superior hardware.
- Body Wood: 2-Piece Alder
- Body Shape: Elegante
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose (NOS)
- Neck Wood: Quartersawn Maple (Bound)
- Neck Profile: Medium “C"
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood (with Rolled Edges)
- Fingerboard Radius: Compound 9.5"-12"
- Frets: 21, Nickel
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Block
- Nut: Bone (1.625")
- Pickups: Iconic Revolution JM Single-Coils
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Pots: Emerson
- Hardware Colour: Nickel
- Bridge: Mastery
- Tuners: Gotoh SD91 (Staggered)
- Control Knobs: Top Hat
- Pickguard: Black (5-Ply)