Music Man basses have their own unique character and style. More rounded than most S style models they're instantly recognisable on stage. Originally designed by Leo Fender, the Stingray was an innovation that's proven itself worthy of the Music Man name, used by countless artists worldwide.
With a single high-output pickup and 3-band onboard EQ at your fingertips you can easily dial in just the sound you want . Perfect for studio, stage or rehearsal. If you plug into a DI (and most of us have to on occasion) this can be a real benefit. You dont have to rely on the soundman to get your balance right.
These basses can be set for warm, rich low tones or punchier rock highs. Whatever style you play from jazz to metal this bass is sure to satisfy.
Made to order
These models have all kinds of customisation option so each piece we order is an individual. If you want a particular combination of pickups and finish let us know. If we don't have it we can try and get it for you.
Modern technology and classic craftsmanship
The design process for each stingray combines old fashioned craftsmanship with modern techniques to give you the best playing experience possible. The necks are cut by machine, sanded and polished by a Music Man specialist and individually hand finished. The bodies are cut to exacting specifications and wired for great sound quality across the full range of the instrument.
The first bass designed by Ernie Ball Music Man, the Stingray 5 was unveiled in 1987 and has been an industry standard for extended range basses ever since. With its powerful punchy sound, the added flexibility of additional pickups and a comfortably contoured body the StingRay 5 satisfies even the most demanding of players.
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Standard Music Man chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 6 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting
- Pickups: Standard - Music Man humbucking with Alnico pole pieces