Casio have updated their award-winning Celviano range with the AP-270, built on the elegant design and features that helped make a name for its predecessor. Casio have long maintained a 'piano first' philosophy, the belief that all of the keyboards and pianos they produce should mirror the same professional-class look, feel and vital features of their most advanced instruments.
You may have heard of the AiR sound engine and Tri Sensor II keyboard action, both of which are familiar faces in the Celviano range. After extensive tweaks and optimisation, they've formed the core of the AP-270's design along with Casio's signature educational features.
Building on these key aspects, Casio have added new American and European voices, and 16 additional tones with Damper Resonance; you'll immediately notice an improvement in the accuracy of the emulated sounds. Close your eyes, imagine a grand piano, and you'll feel the AP-270 respond in kind!
On top of this, Casio have added Chordana App Compatibility for iOS and Android, opening up a world of connectivity. This keyboard is designed to be incorporated into everything that you do, from learning to recording and everything in between. And thanks to yet another aesthetic overhaul, the AP-270 looks even more at home in your living room as it's predecessor!
All built-in tones in the Celviano Pianos are created using AiR (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) Technology. The AiR processor utilizes grand piano samples recorded at four dynamics sampling to deliver grand piano sounds with long natural decays and remarkable expression.
AiR tones also feature the subtleties that form a piano's sound, including hammer response and something called natural string resonance which recreates the sound of the sympathetic strings when the damper pedal is raised. This gives the piano's sound its classic rich tone and resonance.
Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard
If you're familiar with the feel of a real acoustic piano, you'll be pleased to hear that the Celviano Digital Pianos have a spring-less hammer system that feels similar to an acoustic grand. Simulated Ebony and Ivory Keys and a naturally firm touch is graded with the lower notes feeling a little heavier than the higher notes, Just like the real thing.
- Keyboard: 88 keys, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard , Simulated ebony and ivory keys, 3 sensitivity levels,
- Tones: Sound Source : Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR, Polyphony (maximum) : 192, Number of Built-in Tones : 22
- Simulator: Hammer Response, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise - (ON / OFF)
- Digital Effects: Hall Simulator / Reverb - 4 (Reverb), Chorus - 4, Brilliance - (-3 ~ 0 ~ 3), DSP - (Preset for some tones)
- Songs: Concert Play - 10 songs, Controller - Start / Stop, Mode - Listen / Lesson / Play, Music Library - 60 Songs, Song Expansion (User Songs) - 10 songs (max.) Up to approximately 90 KB / song
- Additional Features: Connection to app, Lesson Function - Part ON / OFF, Lesson Part Select - Right hand, Left hand, MIDI Recorder - 2 tracks, 1 song, Approximate Data Capacity - Approximately 5,000 notes total, Duet Mode, Octave Shift - ±2 octaves, Metronome - 0 to 9 beats; tempo range : 20 to 255, Pedals - 3 built-in pedals (damper, soft, sostenuto)
- Key Transpose: 2 octaves (-12 semitones ~ 0 ~ +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4 = 415.5 Hz ~ 440.0 Hz ~ 465.9 Hz
- Number of Preset Temperaments: 17
- Others: GRAND PIANO 1 button GRAND PIANO 2 button Single plate keyboard cover Auto Power Off: Off after approx. 4 idle hours (default setting)
- Connectivity and Storage: PHONES/OUTPUT, Connector for 3-Pedal Unit, USB TO HOST
- Speakers Size: 12cm x 2 + 4cm x 2
- Speakers System: 2-Speaker
- Amplifiers: 8 W + 8 W
- Dimensions: 1,417mm×432mm×821mm
- Weight: 36.6Kg
- Included Accessories: AC Adaptor, Music Stand