Warwick make some of the best basses in the world out of top quality woods and with brilliant sounding pickups. The German-made Teambuilt Pro Series Corvette keeps up the convention; this 6-string Bubinga model is every bit as powerful as it looks.
Body and neck
The Corvette has a stripped back feel unlike some of its brother and sisters, but that doesn't mean there's any less excitement to be had. Just start with the shape. It's flowing ergonomic design casts a striking shadow whilst maintaining it's ease to play. The Bubinga grain is front and centre thanks to the Natural Transparent Satin finish.
A Wenge fretboard provides great uniformity to the body, while the Ovangkol neck gives the Corvette an exotic, comfortable feel. Warwick have added some highly sought-after features such as illuminated side dots. Once you use them, you'll never go back. It makes life easier when playing on dark stages.
The active MEC Soapbar pickups give this Warwick some real grunt. They're hot enough to provide plenty of low-end and midrange character, but they retain plenty of definition - something that you need with a bass with this sort of range! As active pickups, they're less versatile than the passives on other Teambuilt models, but when applied with an aggressive EQ, excel beyond their counterparts.
This bass is made for live playing and that shows with Warwick's additions of security locks so your instrument will never go flying out your hands. A two-piece bridge and Warwick Just-A-Nut III technology will keep the Corvette in tune for days.
- Machineheads: Warwick Machine Heads
- Nut: Just-A-Nut III
- Neck Wood: Ovangkol neck
- Fretboard: Wenge fingerboard
- Fluorescent Side Dot Illuminated Side Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 47"
- Scale length: 34" (long scale)
- Width Nut: 52mm / 2"
- Width 12th fret: 73mm / 2.9"
- Width 24th fret: 83.99mm / 3.3"
- Fret quantity material and size: 24 Jumbo Nickelsilver frets (width: 2.9mm/height: 1.3mm)
- Frets: IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology
- Body Shape: Flat Body Shape for top & back side
- Bodywood: Bubinga
- Pickups: Active MEC soapbars
- Electronics: Active MEC 2-way electronic
- Pot layout: Volume / Balance / Treble / Bass stacked
- Bridge system: 2-piece Warwick Bridge
- Strap system: Warwick security locks
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Hardware colour: Chrome hardware
- String label / gauges: Warwick Black Label Strings 025"-135" (40401 M)