Warwick’s Thumb bass is a cornerstone of the brand’s catalogue. Used by John Stockman (Karnivool), Ryan Martinie (Mudvayne) and Dave Hollingworth (Dorje, Toska), there’s a reason why this particular model is so popular with progressive rock and metal players specifically, and that’s because of its powerful, focused tones and exceptional playability. The Masterbuilt model is the piece-de-resistance of the Warwick range, if not the complete world of bass guitars.
These German-made basses are constructed using class-leading machinery, combined with the expertise of their vastly knowledgeable luthiers. Warwick picks only the finest tonewoods available, giving you truly beautiful instruments with inspiring sounds. You’ll never want to put one of their basses down!
The Thumb features a highly-coveted Bubinga body and matching top, delivering a pronounced tone with lots of mid-range clarity. The bolt-on construction Wenge neck delivers a smooth sustain, giving excellent projection to notes - whether playing finger-style of with a pick. The equally stunning Bubinga fingerboard displays a classy uniform style and feels exquisite under the fingers.
Thumb models are equipped with active MEC J/J pickups, capable of undeniably aggressive Warwick tone heard on countless rock and metal records. These are high output pickups, delivering plenty of punch and attack. They'll ensure you cut through onstage or when laying down tracks in the studio. Active 2-way electronics give you great control over your sound, making this a very versatile instrument.
History of Warwick
Warwick basses have been crafted in Germany since 1982, and are renowned for their incredible quality and sounds. Joined with the Framus brand, Warwick are established as a company that offer high-spec basses, produced using only the best manufacturing equipment and with the experienced skills of their respected luthiers.
With several different bass lines on offer, you can be sure to find the perfect bass to meet your performance needs. Their construction offers brilliant playability, with tonewoods and electronics that provide amazing tones and versatility for any style of music.
- Body Shape: Curved Body Shape
- Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): Bubinga body
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Neck Wood: Wenge neck, 3 laminations
- Fretboard: Wenge fingerboard (fretted), Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard (fretless)
- Fluorescent Side Dot: lluminated Side-Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 20"
- Scale length: 34" (long scale)
- Fret quantity material and size: 24 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard) frets (width: 2.9 mm / height: 1.3 mm)
- Frets: IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology
- Pickups: Active MEC J/J pickups with Metal Cover
- Electronics: Active Warwick 2-way electronics with rechargeable Lithium Battery
- Pot layout: Volume P/P / Balance / Treble & Bass stacked
- Machineheads: Schaller Machine Heads with wooden knobs
- Nut: Just-A-Nut III Brass
- Bridge system: 2-piece solid Brass Warwick Bridge
- Strap system: Warwick security locks
- Hardware colour: Black, Chrome or Gold hardware
- Warwick User Kit including hex key tools and Cleaning cloth
- Packing: Handmade Genuine Leather Bag by RockBag
- Certificate: Individually issued certificate of authenticity