Introduced in 1992, the Corvette bass is a core part of Warwick’s line-up. With renowned players such as Dirk Lance (Incubus) and Stuart Zender (Jamiroquai) having used them, you know that they’re made for high performance. The Masterbuilt model is the piece-de-resistance of the Warwick range, if not the complete world of bass guitars.
These German-made basses are constructed using class-leading machinery, combined with the expertise of their vastly knowledgeable luthiers. Warwick picks only the finest tonewoods available, giving you truly beautiful instruments with inspiring sounds. You’ll never want to put one of their basses down!
The Corvette $$ features a Swamp Ash body, delivering a bright tone with lots of mid-range clarity. Adorned with a truly gorgeous Californian Buckeye Burl top, you'll stand out anywhere and anytime when you perform on this bass.
A hidden neck-through construction Maple and Ekanga neck delivers a snappy attack, giving excellent projection to notes - whether playing finger-style of with a pick. The Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard offers a classy-look to the instrument, and feels super-smooth under the fingers.
Corvette $$ models are equipped with passive MEC MM-style humbuckers, providing the distinctive Warwick tone that has been heard on countless records. Delivering plenty of punch and boldness, these pickups will ensure that you cut through onstage, or when laying down tracks in the studio. Active 2-way electronics give you great control over your sound, making this a very versatile instrument.
History of Warwick
Warwick basses have been crafted in Germany since 1982, and are renowned for their incredible quality and sounds. Joined with the Framus brand, Warwick are established as a company that offer high-spec basses, produced using only the best manufacturing equipment and with the experienced skills of their respected luthiers.
With several different bass lines on offer, you can be sure to find the perfect bass to meet your performance needs. Their construction offers brilliant playability, with tonewoods and electronics that provide amazing tones and versatility for any style of music.
- Body Shape: Flat Body shape
- Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): 3/8" Selected Californian Buckeyeburl / Swamp Ash Body
- Construction: Hidden Neck-through
- Matched Headstock: Californian Buckeyeburl
- Neck Wood: Maple 3 pcs with Ekanga veneerstripes
- Fretboard: Tigerstripe Ebony
- Inlay: Yin Yang
- Fluorescent Side Dot: llluminated Side-Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 508 mm / 20"
- Scale length: 864 mm / 34"
- Fret quantity material and size: 24 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard) frets (Width: 2.9 mm / Height: 1.3 mm)
- Frets: IFT Invisible Fretsystem
- Pickups: Passive MEC MM-Style humbuckers with metal housing
- Electronics: Active Warwick 2-way electronics with rechargeable Lithium Battery
- Pot layout: Volume P/P / Balance / Treble / Bass
- Switch: Two 3-way mini-switches
- Function of switch: separate configuration of the humbuckers (series / parallel / single coil)
- Machineheads: Schaller Machineheads with wooden knobs
- Nut: Warwick Just a Nut III Brass
- Hardware colour: Black
- Bridge system: 2-piece solid Brass Warwick Bridge
- Strap system: Warwick Security locks
- Packing: Handmade Genuine Leather Bag by RockBag ( RB 20205 B W)
- Each instrument is personally signed by Warwick Founder Hans Peter Wilfer