Here’s what Warm Audio say about the EQP-WA Pultec Style Rackmount Tube EQ
Out of the Box
The EQP-WA is a re-creation of the most renowned tube equalizer in studio history, the ‘Pultec EQP-1A’. Not only does the look and feel of the EQP-WA match the classic Pultec units, but the sonic quality has been carefully considered by using top-end components such as CineMag transformers and premium tubes. This full discrete tube EQ can pull euphoric sonics from any track and bring a brilliance and luster to mixes that’s nearly impossible to achieve inside-the-box. We are proud to have once again redefined the industry standard by bringing a fully professional-grade equalizer to the market at a price that’s just as remarkable as the unit.
Pultec Style Tube Equalizer – Made Affordable
Our goal was to make an equalizer affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of equalizer so desirable.
Premium Components in Every Warm Audio Product
The EQP-WA is a high voltage tube equalizer, utilising CineMag USA transformers and two premium vacuum tubes by Tung-Sol.
A Two Tube Operation
The EQP-WA operates on two tubes: one 12AX7 and one 12AU7. We proudly use Tung-Sol brand tubes in this product for their sonic richness and ‘open’ sound. These 2 tubes are socketed for easy swapping and replacement.
“Warm Audio makes amazing gear! I love the WA-2A and their new WA-87 mic. I have started running my mixes through a pair of their EQP-WA’s! – Michael Lord (American Idol, Anthrax, Hollywood Today Live, The Fringe, Steel Panther, The Wall)
“We got a pair of these and are completely blow away! These EQ’s are perfect on everything! I did a vocal last night through a UA610 to Warm Audio WA76 to this EQP-WA and it was vocal heaven! – Justin Green, Austin, Texas
- Utilises Premium Grade Input and Output CineMag Transformers
- Tube Equalizer Based on the Classic ‘Pultec’ EQP-1A
- Premium High Voltage 12AX7 and 12AU7 Tubes
- CineMag Inductor EQ Section
- EQ Section is Bypassable – Signal Still Passes Through Tubes and Transformers for Warming Effect
- No Insertion Loss - Loss Restored by Tube Amplifier
- XLR and TRS Transformer Balanced Inputs
- XLR and TRS Transformer Balanced Outputs
- Flat Frequency Response from 20Hz – 50kHz
- Boost and Cut Controls can be used Simultaneously for Phase Effect
- Low Frequency Boost - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800Hz – 12db
- Low Frequency Cut - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800Hz – 18db
- High Frequency Boost – 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16kHz – 18db
- High Frequency Cut – 3, 4, 5, 10, 20kHz – 14db
- 5 Added Frequency Points for Greater Flexibility
- Switchable 115/230 Volt IEC Power Inlet
- Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 Inches – 2RU Rack Mountable