Brian Wampler has a knack for delivering. You want a Klon overdrive? The Wampler Tumnus is among one of the most popular clones on the market. Fancy a tubescreamer? Look no further than the Clarksdale for exceptionally green tones in a deceptively blue box!
Despite these crowning tonal achievements, Brian is always on the lookout for his next sonic adventure. This year, his quest for distorted perfection has led to the introduction of yet another outstanding stompbox: the Pantheon Overdrive.
The Elusive BluesBreaker Crunch
The Pantheon is based on the highly sought-after Marshall BluesBreaker circuit. Considered by many to be the ultimate transparent overdrive, it offered a warm, responsive break up and detailed nuances that continue to stun guitarists across the spectrum.
With the original BluesBreaker long-discontinued, Wampler set about faithfully recreating its near-mythical tone. The Pantheon beautifully enhances any guitar or amp’s natural voice, with a dynamic response that’s sensitive to the smallest of touches. This is the expressive Brit-style dirt you’ve been after the whole time!
Naturally, Wampler applied his years of experience and extensive knowledge to the classic formula. Not only does the Pantheon deliver timeless Marshall-style tone, but it’s got plenty of tweaking options on tap too.
The EQ stage has been carefully optimised to allow enough legroom for the modern player. Pump the low-end, inject the midrange with a healthy chime, or sprinkle a little more top-end clarity – it’s all there. Three levels of gain saturation, alongside an overdrive voice toggle switch, provide you with a surprisingly broad tonal palette – without missing out on the magic!
- Built in the U.S.A
- Battery connection and 9v-18v power jack
- Controls: bass, treble, presence, volume, gain
- Switches: 3-way gain level toggle switch, 2-way overdrive voice toggle switch, footswitch for bypass
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedalboard placement effortless
- Power draw: 17.3 mA @ 9V and 18.8mA @ 18v (LED will flash 3 times when power from battery is getting low)
- 2.50″ x 4.50″ x 1.5″ (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches