The wampler Dracarys is a true high-gain distortion pedal with aggressive and powerful overdrive sounds. Plenty of low-end and a stunning 3 band EQ to match the pedal to your guitar and create a contemporary distorted sound that doesn’t get lost in the mix.
With 2 styles of distortion on board:
- Open – For a massive, wide frequency response.
- Tight – not as much compression but plenty of headroom.
Here's what Wampler say about the Dracarys
A modern monster of gain - everything you love about high gain but with that contemporary depth, aggression, clarity and power to blow every other pedal away...
Even since the release of the Triple Wreck in 2008, Brian has been wanting to make a more modern version of the gain, a more contemporary tone designed for modern high gain players. The trouble is, it kept changing - moving - developing.
Recently, a style of tones has come forward that has been devastating in not only the power of the gain, but the depth and clarity it provides to the player. Long gone are the doom laden distortions that destroyed the guitars tone and dominated mid ranges, now it's all about the clarity, articulation, face melting, fire breathing distortion that will bring a wall of sound from your amp.
With the now famous Wampler 3 band active EQ to sculpt the tone perfectly, also included is a gain switch giving you two different styles of distortion. Open - is, as you might guess, extremely open and free - minimal compression with maximum tone. Tight brings in a natural compression, like a tube amp being driven to the very edge... the great thing about the tight is that when on a lower gain setting it can do a really good lower gain tone as well, this setting makes the Dracarys one of the most versatile modern distortions available today. There is no waste with this pedal, all tones are useable and easily available.
- Built in the U.S.A High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switch
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- Battery connection and 9v power jack
- Power draw: 29mA (at 9v) and 31mA (at 18v)
- Two gain voices for maximum versatility
- Perfect modern metal tones 2.50 x 4.50 x 1.5 (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches