A tribute to the amp that started it all; the 1957 AC15/4
The 60th Anniversary AC15 is a faithful recreation of a true landmark amplifier in VOX’s rich history, the EF86 equipped AC15 from 1960. The ever-evolving AC15 underwent three revisions in 1960, with the last being represented in our 60th Anniversary AC15.
Much of what players would come to know and love about VOX was established in 1960, including the distinct split-baffle design & iconic diamond cloth and, most significantly, the renowned chiming tone that would soon define an entire genre of music.
Just like the amps of 1960, the 60th Anniversary AC15 features two distinct channels. Channel I, or Normal, offers the same rich, articulate tube tone that established the AC15 as a must-have amplifier for guitarists.
Channel II, or Vib-Trem, provides players with some of the most elusive guitar tones in recorded history, the hypnotic and unmistakable vibrato of a vintage VOX.
Hand-crafted without compromise in the United Kingdom
To commemorate the 60th Anniversary of VOX Amplification, we are pleased to announce two new amplifiers that celebrate the rich pedigree of the world’s most iconic amplifier company, the 60th Anniversary AC15 & AC30. Engineered and built from the ground-up entirely in the United Kingdom, these amplifiers are completely hand-wired using only the finest available components, including authentic Celestion AlNiCo Silver speakers, which Celestion has resurrected exclusively for VOX’s 60th Anniversary.
- A faithful recreation of VOX’s most iconic designs in honor of the brand’s 60th Anniversary.
- Completely hand-wired in the UK and available for a limited time only.
- Painstakingly designed and hand-crafted in the United Kingdom
- Inspired by the most revered designs in VOX’s history; the 1957 AC15/4 and the 1964 AC30/6
- Completely hand-wired using premium components and custom-wound transformers
- Exclusive 12” Celestion AlNiCo Silver speakers; Baltic Birch ply cabinet construction
- Includes custom amp cover and “Egg” footswitch for enabling the classic Vib/Trem channel
- Operating conditions: 0°C–+35°C (no condensation)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 533 x 278 x 575 mm / 20.98 x 10.94 x 22.64 inches
- Weight: 24.0kg / 52.91lbs.
- Output power: 15 Watts RMS into 8/16 Ohms
- Tube complement: 1 x EF86, 3 x ECC83/12AX7, 1 x ECC82/12AU7, 2 x EL84, 1 x EZ81
- Speakers: 1 x 12” 16 Ohm Celestion Alnico Silver
- Inputs: vib/trem input jack (high and low), normal input jack (high and low), footswitch jack
- Outputs: 3 x power output jacks
- Included items: Power cord, Owner's manual, “Egg” foot switch, Dust cover