Does the Countess come with EL34 or 6L6 Valves?
The V30 can be fitted with either 6L6 or EL34 output tubes. In the original tone testing of the V30 (that included Martin Kidd & Guthrie Govan) it was agreed that 6L6s gave the tone we were looking for, & so the “regular” V30 comes with these valves fitted as standard.
The Victory V30 Countess is a super compact but incredibly powerful 42w all valve amp hand-built in the UK.
The two channels offer the incredible Victory sound with crystal clear clean channel and a huge amount of dirt on tap on the overdrive channel. The V30 features more filth than just about any other amp but cleans up beautifully as you back off the gain to give you the classic sparkling 6L6 loaded poweramp breakup.
The V30 was designed with travelling in mind so while keeping with the same voicings of her big brothers the Countess is handmade on premium quality PCB, which saved enough space to make the enclosure significantly smaller, small enough to fit in an aeroplane overhead locker in fact!
With a mode for just about any situation the V30 Countess offers 42w mode for maximum headroom and volume, a 7w for more gain at lower volume, and a 1w Single Ended for home use. So whether you're on tour or at home you can get the right balance of volume and headroom for the situation.
We're really happy to report that downsizing the amp didn't mean downsizing the features: the two channels are footswitchable (single button footswitch included) and the V30 features a series FX loop.
"A small rugged metal chassis encloses a well-made and versatile two channel amp head. Between its switchable power options, series effects loop and great sounding two channels, sounds range from glassy cleans to soaring but smooth high gain.There aren't many styles that this little amp can't do justice."
-Nick (Guitar Sales), Has used the amp both live and in the studio.
- Compact model designed to fit in overhead aircraft locker.
- Clean Channel: High Power: 42 Watts - Low Power: 7 Watts - High Power Single-Ended: 1.6 Watts - Low Power Single Ended: 0.5 Watts
- Dirty Channel: High Power: 37 Watts - Low Power: 6 Watts - High Power Single Ended: 1.2 Watts - Low Power Single Ended: 0.5 Watts
- All valve
- Two channel
- Power Amp: 2 x 6L6
- Preamp: 4 x 12AX7/ECC83
- Weight: 8.5kg
- Dimensions: 34.5cm x 16cm x 17cm
- A bias switch is situated on the top panel of the amplifier so that the bias voltage can be set to a range more appropriate for EL34 or 6L6 use. It should be noted that bias adjustment is still required when changing output valves.
- A Single Ended switch is accessible through the rear panel to select either one of the output valves for single ended use.
- Transformers is custom wound and designed in-house.
- All components are PCB mounted with screened interconnects.
- All mains circuitry is hand-wired.
- Controls: Clean Channel Gain, Channel Select Toggle Switch, Overdrive Channel Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Clean Master, Overdrive Master.
- Channel switching between clean and overdriven sounds via a front panel toggle switch or remote footswitch.
- Series Effects Loop
- Switching for High Power/ Standby/ Low Power.
- Rubber strap handle.
- All steel construction with stoved powdercoat finish and Old English white screen-printing.
- Comes with padded gig bag & single Footswitch.