A true Fender classic, this '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb amplifier from Fender draws from the most authentic, original Fender tones. The well-known 'Silverface' panel represents an era where Fender amps were a staple; they were the go-to tube amp for performers and studios throughout the rock 'n' roll world. They became a real staple in both recording and live scenarios.
The '68 Custom Deluxe reverb features a 1x12" Celestion speaker - with reverb and tremolo present on both the "Custom" and "Vintage" channels. This '68 Custom Deluxe delivers big sound from an amp that remains portable enough to easily take from gig to gig.
'68 was an important year for the amp arm of the Fender brand. Their respective looks were completely overhauled, in this amps case, receiving an aluminium grille cloth trim and a silver/turquoise front panel. Adding to this a trademark punchy tube tone (augmented by Fender's highly regarded vibrato and reverb effects) and a compact, lightweight build, and you've got an amp that's become one of the top choices for those who want that iconic Fender sound.
Taking sonic and visual inspiration from Fender's 'Silverface' amps from the late '60s, this modern update provides a few unique current-day twists of its own. Each channel is equipped with tremolo and reverb, opening up new and exciting creative possibilities. The amp is also characterised by lower negative feedback (leading to increased touch sensitivity), while you'll notice a faster gain onset too. Not to mention the 'custom' channel, which incorporates a custom Bassman tone stack - delivering enhanced tonal options when working with pedals.
- Model Name: '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Wattage: 22 Watts @ 8 ohms
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4)
- Handle: Moulded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 17.5" (44.5 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 42 lbs. (19.05 kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: One - 12" Celestion G12V-70
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 12AX7), (2 X 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (2 x 6V6)
- Unique Features: Modified Deluxe Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo on both channels, "Vintage" channel for traditional silverface operation, modified "Custom" channel with Bassman tone stack, reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminium trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, fitted amplifier cover included, five-year warranty (United States and Canada; other territories may vary).
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included