The Fender Telecaster Thinline has been a part of the lineup for a long time but never before with this level of quality at this price. The new Deluxe model features some stunning Noiseless Vintage pickups along with 4 way switches, and modern style hardware on a classic design for the best in vintage and modern guitar building.
The Deluxe Tele Thinline design has been popular with those who want that classic Tele twang but with extra low end warmth and a bit of extra grit to the tone. The mixture of the traditionally solid body Telecaster with a semi hollow design that opens up extra frequencies in the lower midrange really opens up the tele to more blusey and rock tones.
Traditional single coil pickups do sound amazing but they do cause and issue which comes from hum and buzz. This is natural on pickups like this but it can be a complete pain at times leading to creation of these Noiseless Vintage pickups, all of the tone of a classic Tele but without any of the annoying noise which can go from slight annoyance to tone destroying.
One of the big upgrades on this guitar that doesn't really affect the tone but the stability and quality comes in the hardware. Fitted with a modern six saddle string through body bridge setup and locking short post tuning pegs this guitar has better action and stays in tune longer than most other guitars like this.
Here's what Fender say about the Deluxe Tele Thinline
Light in weight, but not sound, the Deluxe Telecaster Thinline is crafted with timelessly elegant style and authentic Fender tone. Crisp and articulate, with a versatile voice that cuts through a busy mix, this stage-tested design is the ideal combination of modern features and traditional aesthetics. With a little bit of extra 'magic' up its sleeve, this instrument is as flexible as it is distinctly stylish. Two noise-free, highly articulate Vintage Noiseless Tele pickups produce rich, detailed tone, with the balanced string response, definition and twang you've come to expect from a Tele. The semi-hollow construction imparts seductively warm overtones to the traditional Tele sound, creating a slightly throatier voice. Four-way switching adds an exciting dimension to the traditional Tele pickup combinations-position four combines the bridge and neck pickups in series for hotter output and punchier midrange. Enjoy increased sustain and slightly thicker tone that complements the famous Tele twang, thanks to the modern six-saddle sting-through-body bridge with block saddles. A contoured neck heel and 4-bolt asymmetrical neck plate make it easy to comfortably reach the upper registers of the neck. The flatter 12"-radius fingerboard makes it easy to play fast leads and perform deep bends without fretting out. Locking short-post tuning machines with vintage-style buttons provide increased break angle at the nut for buzz-free playing and enhanced tuning stability, along with quicker string changes. Classic aesthetic touches include nickel/chrome hardware and a four-ply aged white pearloid pickguard, along with knurled flat-top control knobs and a black switch tip. For players who want classic Fender semi-hollowbody tone with a bit of edge, the Deluxe Telecaster Thinline is ready to step up with its modern features and authentic style.
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Binding: White
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Rosewood
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Telecaster
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Telecaster
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)