Finally, a four preamp interface from Universal Audio! The Apollo X4 fits the bill for music producers after a desktop device with plenty of room to manoeuvre.
Universal Audio are at the top of the recording game - their Apollo series is the industry standard for recording artists. The X4 offers some of the best studio quality A/D and D/A conversion in its class, borrowed from UAD's high-end rackmount units.
Add in UAD’s acclaimed analogue emulation plug-ins bundle powered by QUAD Core processing and you’ve got everything you need to lay down tracks straight out the box.
UAD use Unison mic preamps, which allow you to emulate iconic Neve, Helio, API, Manley and UA preamp characteristics. There’s plenty of sought-after tube and solid-state tones to discover through each pre’s impedance and gain sage sweet spots.
You also have the option of two Hi-Z gain matching instrument inputs if you're using modelling plug-ins. As with all UAD interfaces, the X4 runs at near-zero latency at a dynamic range of 127 dB. No frustrating DAW fiddling here.
You’ll be hard-pressed to find an interface that includes as many great plug-ins as the Apollo range. The Realtime Analog Classics Plus suite is sure to spice up your sound, packing guitar and bass amps from the likes of Marshall and Ampeg. Choose from an array of compressors, EQs, tape delay and reverb all powered seamlessly by the QUAD Core processor.
The Apollo X4 is built to be the centrepiece of your recording setup. In addition to its four preamps and two Hi-Z ins are two headphone outs, making collaboration with other musicians in the room incredibly easy.
Its pro spec’d four line outs, monitor controls, talkback function and ADAR/SPDIF in and out is far more than you’ll find on similarly priced interfaces. There’s also room to expand. The X4 can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos for further connection options as your studio grows.
LUNA DAW Included
Mac users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo can now use Universal Audio's digital audio workstation, LUNA. Apollo interfaces are fully compatible with any DAW of your choosing, but UA have designed LUNA to specifically get the most out of the Apollo series. With Accelerated Realtime Monitoring for seamless hardware-software integration, you can capture audio through UAD plugins with virtually no latency. UA have worked with some of the biggest names in audio to load LUNA with great sounding instruments and extensions. Enjoy high-quality extensions such as the Studer multitrack tape and Neve Summing, as well as instruments from Moog, UA, Spitfire Audio and more!
- Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 4 Unison mic preamps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core processing
- 2 Unison-enabled front panel Hi-Z instrument inputs
- 2 independent front panel headphone outputs
- Built-in Talkback mic
- Dedicated monitor functionality
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input and output
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler