Unveiled at NAMM 2017, French manufacturer Two Notes Audio Engineering combine a DI box, attenuator, cab simulator and loadbox into one amazing unit.
The Torpedo Captor is an incredibly versatile piece of kit, allowing you to harness the full power of your tube amp in any settings - you can use it at home, in the studio, in rehearsal or live on stage. It either processes your signal 100% uninterrupted at full volume, or with a preset -20dB attenuation, and allows you to seamlessly mimic your favourite cabs without the associated hassle. Play or record in total silence but with the full projecting power of a 4x12 - plug straight into your favourite DAW and let the Torpedo Captor do the work!
Using reactive technology, its loadbox functionality is designed to make your amp believe it's connected to a cabinet, perfectly mimicing the impedance of a speaker. The analogue speaker sim function is built on Two Notes acclaimed 'Le Preamp', for mind blowing accurate tone and warmth. Available in 4, 8 or 16 Ohm versions to match your amp, you'll be able to find that sweet spot without the noise or hassle!
Here's what Two Notes have to say about the Torpedo Captor:
The Torpedo Captor is an easy to use reactive Loadbox, perfect for unleashing a musician’s favourite valve/tube amplifier in a variety of modern applications and venues. Designed to be placed between an amplifier head and speaker cabinet or with a combo with amp/speaker connections, Captor can act as a power attenuator/cabinet simulator and is packed in a DI sized enclosure that features a complete set of connections.
- Safely loads any tube amp up to 100W
- Speaker thru, 20dB attenuation or silent modes
- Save space, weight and noise on stage, plus easy and fast recording
- Use your favourite loud amp at a lower volume or completely silently
- Free Wall Of Sound III plug-in (16 supplied virtual cabinets to get you started)
- Available in 4, 8 or 16 Ohms models
- Powered by 48V phantom power or optional PSU (9-24V DC - required only for the XLR DI output and speaker simulation)
- Speaker Input: 1/4 Jack unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Speaker Att: 1/4 Jack unbalanced (TS) – Attenuation: -20dB.
- Speaker Thru: 1/4 Jack unbalanced (TS) – Directly connected to Speaker Input. Disconnects the loadbox when used.
- Line Output: 1/4 Jack balanced (TRS) – Impedance: approx 1 kOhms – Without speaker simulation
- DI Output: XLR balanced – Impedance: 600 Ohms – With or without speaker simulation
- 175 x 126 x 62 mm
- 1 kg