Californian-based Tone King have packed the American dream tone into the 35W 1x12 Sky King combo.
This amp is designed to bring the 50’s and 60’s to life. Handwired circuitry and a custom voice Celestion speaker produce glistening retro sounds. Whatever volume, the Sky King can deliver the unmistakeable cranked tube bark of tweed amplifiers.
The Mode switch opens huge sonic possibilities. You can flick between the Ultra-linear setting which lets the amp sag and react to ever note. While pentode offers a more familiar clarity to your sound.
The Sky King has two footswitchable channels. The Rhythm channel is where you’ll get a 60’s jangly clean, controlled by volume, bass and treble dials. The lead channel is more akin to a punchy 50’s midrange or British voicing. A simple volume, tone and mid-bite EQ control lets you access plenty of grunt.
On board is an old-school spring reverb to create a wetter mix, and a vintage tremolo that delivers splashy pulses.
Ironman II attenuators
Two power attenuators, one for each channel, grant even more flexibility. Adjust the Sky King from 1W to 35W over six steps to achieve a maxed tube tone at any volume. Great for home-friendly playing.
- 35W, 1x12 Two Channel Combo
- Speakers: Custom Voiced "Tone King 1660" by Celestion
- Preamp: 2 channel (Rhythm, Lead), Foot-switchable. Rhythm channel controls: Volume, Treble, and Bass. Lead channel controls: Volume and Tone
- Reverb: Tube Driven spring reverb. Full spring 2-spring reverb pan
- Tremolo: Bias modulation type tremolo circuit. Footswitch controllable
- Controls: Attenuation level (Rhythm), Attenuation Level (Lead). Attenuation steps: 0db, -3db, -9db, -15db, -24db, -36db. Dual attenuation controls (one for each preamp channel)
- Footswitch: Two button Footswitch (channel, tremolo). LED status indicators
- Operation Mode Switch: Controls operating mode of output tubes: Ultra-Linear or Pentode mode
- Tubes: 4 x 12AX7, 1x 12AT7, 2 x 6L6GC, 1 x 5AR4
- Output Stage: 2 x 6L6GC, cathode biased, no negative feedback, selectable ultra-linear/Pentode mode
- Output Power: 35W RMS
- Speaker Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Ironman Attenuator Design Features: Precision tuned frequency compensated reactive load
- Dimensions: 24" x 12" x 18" - 60 LBS