From the impressive NOVA range of effects from TC Electronic comes the daddy - the Nova System. Combining the great digital effects technology and "easy and versatile" ethos found in the Nova Pedals into one fully integrated Multi Effects unit with individual stomp control over each effect. If you are looking for a whole set of effects, consider the all in one Nova System.
- "The TC Nova System is a robust, all-in-one alternative to a traditional pedalboard, with the operation being most user-friendly in Pedal mode. All the popular effects are included, and to a very high standard, though some of the slightly esoteric ones have been omitted."
- "If you look at the Nova System as a replacement for a conventional pedalboard and use it as suggested by sticking to one preset per song, turning individual pedals on and off as required, then it is very hard to fault."
- "At less than half the price of a G-System, the Nova System still gives most players all they need in the effects department, and while there are even less costly solutions, few come even close when it comes to solid mechanical design or overall effects quality."
Paul White, Performing Musician, Read the whole review in the September 2009 issue.
Guitarist Magazine Review
Mr Analogue dives into digital.
- "I tried the multi-FX route once before... Never again, I vowed... The sounds [of the TC Electronic Nova System] are amazing though. Fabulous analogue distortions and massive digital reverbs, delays, choruses and so on."
- "I found it easy to program too, which really surprised me."
- "I've not yet dared to leave my pedals at home, but - and I can barely believe I'm saying this - that time could conceivably come..."
Guitarist Magazine - Summer 2009
Here's what TC Electronic Say about the Nova System
The TC Electronic Nova System is an All-in-one Floor-based Guitar Solution with analog programmable distortion and overdrive.
Loaded with top quality effects from the renowned G-System, TC Electronic Nova System is the ideal all-in-one solution for any guitarist who wants setup simplicity without sacrificing tonal fidelity.
What makes Nova System so remarkable is NDTTM - Nova Drive Technology - an innovative drive and distortion circuit that offers true analog sound under preset and expression control. While the drive circuit is 100% analog and physically separated from the digital effects, its controls are digital. This way the drive effects can be tweaked, stored and recalled in exactly the same way as any of the digital effects, and the amount of distortion can be controlled in real time by hooking up an expression pedal.
The Nova System overdrive emulates the classic overdrive originally only found in tube amps. The range goes from slightly warm and subtle overdrive to high gain for screaming leads, but retains excellent chord clarity even with complex voicing. The Nova System distortion is fat and aggressive and allows for full and massive chords and fluent compressed leads. The tonal character is raw, crunchy and very tube-like. Using just the guitar volume will allow for anything from semi-clean chords to intense leads.
Nova System houses six high quality effects blocks taken straight from G-System. It features compression, EQ, Noise Gate, Modulation, Pitch, Delay and Reverb, all programmable and storable in 60 user presets. The 30 factory presets take advantage of the wide range of versatile effects combinations and are designed to get the guitar player started right out of the box.
Completing the feature list, the Hi-Z and balanced input plus balanced stereo outputs, and the two footswitch layouts - preset and pedal - with an option for adding a G-Switch for further control, make Nova System the obvious floor-based solution for the serious guitar player.
TC Electronic Nova System main features include:
- NDT - Nova Drive Technology: All-analog programmable overdrive and distortion circuit under preset and expression control.
- 6 effect blocks taken straight from G-System: Compression, EQ + Noise Gate, Modulation, Pitch, Delay, Reverb
- 30 factory and 60 user presets
- Two footswitch layouts: preset and pedal
- Hi-Z and balanced input + balanced stereo outputs
- Powered by a mains Kettle lead