The 900 series is the cream of the crop when it comes to Rosewood guitars from Taylor and this new 914CE features the incredible V-Bracing designed by Andy Powers (head guitar designer at Taylor guitars).
The new V-Bracing does so much more than just make the guitar louder and project more - though it does that in spades. V-Bracing has been designed to optimise the harmonic response of the guitar top which has a number of interesting results. It greatly improves intonation all across the fretboard and naturally allows the notes to all sound more 'in-tune' than ever before. And this is just marketing jargon when you hear what a difference the V-Bracing makes.
Other than using premium tonewoods and having the guitar built by master craftsmen at Taylor - the 914CE has Ebony binding, an arm rest carve into the body of the guitars, a paua rosette with Koa and Ebony purfling and a paua/koa trim along most of the body and neck.
Here's what Taylor say about the 914CE with V-Bracing
Our 900 Series stands out as our most luxurious class of rosewood guitars, blending a raft of tone-enhancing details with premium aesthetic features. The 914ce acoustic-electric Grand Auditorium boasts V-Class™ bracing, which functions as a new sonic engine for the guitar. Not only does it enhance the volume and sustain, it also changes the soundboard movement in a way that improves the guitar’s natural intonation, or “in-tuneness.”
The result is more power in the upper register and more harmonic agreement between all fretted notes, which helps chord voicings sing like never before. Players who love the deep lows and sparkling highs of rosewood will appreciate how well behaved the overtones are as notes bloom. Premium features include a beveled ebony armrest that makes your picking/strumming arm more comfortable, along with Gotoh 510 tuners, whose 21:1 gear ratio allows for precise tuning.
Refined appointments include ebony binding, our Ascension fretboard/peghead inlay in paua and pearl, a paua rosette with koa and ebony purfling, and paua/koa trim along much of the body and neck. All V-Class guitars feature a black graphite nut and a new guitar label that bears the signature of master guitar designer Andy Powers.
- Grand Auditorium - Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- Expression System 2 - The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Sitka Spruce - The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
- Venetian Cutaway - The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
- Indian Rosewood - The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
- V-Class Bracing - A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class with Relief Rout
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding: West African Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: Gloss
- Rosette Size: 2014 800 Series
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Armrest Binding: West African Ebony
- Backstrap Wood: Match Binding
- Rosette: Mat.Paua
- Wedge: None
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Ascension
- Fretboard Binding: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Fingerboard Ext: Koa/Paua/Koa
- Edge Trim: Koa/Paua/Koa