All new body shape. All new sound. Taylor are pushing the boat out with the Grand Pacific series – a dreadnought with a twist.
Laying the foundation with the exciting award-winning V-Class bracing, the Grand Pacific has all the benefits of a classic country and folk acoustic without the sonic issues of a large body guitar. Taylor chief builder Andy Powers was inspired by old bluegrass records to create this new model, unique in construction and aesthetics.
The Grand Pacific 517 sounds defined and vibrant thanks to its Indian Rosewood back and sides, and torrefied Sitka Spruce top. This means the wood has been drained of all moisture and impurities to deliver a more transparent, consistent tone.
Dreadnoughts are usually associated with a low-end muddiness, but Andy’s design tweaks eliminate these negatives. The Grand Pacific maintains a classic warmth but with plenty of clarity. When it comes to recording, the Grand Pacific is the ideal big-bodied acoustic in your arsenal.
V-Class bracing takes acoustic voicing to a new level. It improves projection and sustain - a necessity for performing guitarists. It also helps with more accurate tuning and intonation. On top of all this, Taylor created a new Curve Wing bridge for better picking hand placement and just a generally sleeker look!
This electro-acoustic model comes equipped with Taylor’s onboard ES2 electronics preamp. And because of the defined low frequencies, the Grand Pacific won’t be so quick to feedback when playing through an amp.
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Black
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size: Three Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Satin
- Rosette Mat.: Plastic
- Stain/Sunburst: Medium Brown Stain Back/Sides/Neck
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Gemstone, Italian Acrylic
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: Black
- Heel Cap Binding: Black
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Gemstone, Italian Acrylic
- Peghead Logo: Italian Acrylic
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel