The DP32SD from Tascam takes the popular DP32 multitrack recorder and changes it around a bit to make it even better value for money. Still loaded up with the same high quality components and tools in the DP32 the DP32SDs main difference is in the fact that it just uses an SD Card rather than CDRW.
This 32 track portable studio gives you everything you need to record a decent sized session without ever having to look at a DAW. With 8 XLR / Line jacks of which one can be changed into an instrument input, stereo RCA and 1/4" outputs as well as 2 unbalanced 1/4" effects send outputs this interface has all of the connections you need in a single unit.
Here's what Tascam say about the DP32SD Portastudio
The DP-32SD is a home recording Portastudio with 32 tracks based on solid-state technology. The unit is equipped with colour LCD and channel strip controls to make recording simple so the user can stay creative. Up to eight tracks can be recorded at a time on a standard SD/SDHC memory card through its XLR and 6.3-mm combo jacks. Input processing like compression and limiting, an internal send effect with reverb, delay and chorus, guitar amp simulation and multi-effects for use with the instrument-level input as well as an external effects send are available during recording.
For mixdown, the DP-32SD offers 20 channel faders and 12 rotary controls for EQ, Pan and effects including reverb and chorus. During the mastering process, the material can be further optimized with EQ, compression and normalization. Once finished, songs can be transferred to computer over USB to publish the songs on the Internet, for example.
- 32-track digital Portastudio
- 8 mono tracks, 12 stereo tracks (can also be used as mono tracks)
- Record up to 8 tracks at once with 44.1/48 kHz and 16/24-bit audio resolution
- Simultaneous playback of all 32 tracks
- Virtual tracks for alternate takes and undo
- Dedicated stereo master track
- Colour LC display and 12-encoder channel strip for simple operation
- Built-in 40-channel mixer
- Mix down your 32 playback tracks with eight input signals to the dedicated stereo master track
- Use the Bounce function to set tracks free by mixing multiple tracks to a single mono or stereo track
- Dedicated controls for EQ, pan and effect sends
- Solid-state recording to SD Card media for better shock resistance and reliability compared to hard drive recording
- 8 balanced microphone inputs on balanced combo XLR/jack connectors
- Switchable phantom power for 4 channels each
- One input switchable to instrument level for direct recording of a guitar or bass
- Unbalanced stereo output (RCA jacks)
- Balanced stereo monitor output (6.3-mm TRS jacks)
- Two unbalanced effect sends (6.3-mm TS jacks)
- Stereo headphones output (6.3-mm TRS jack)
- Footswitch input (2.5-mm mini jack) for Tascam RC-3F (optional accessory)
- Input effects (Limiter, Compressor, Noise suppressor, Exciter)
- Guitar effects (Amp simulator, Reverb, Compressor, Chorus, Flanger, Phase shifter)
- Mixdown effects (Reverb, Delay, Stereo chorus)
- Mastering effect (Single/Multi-band stereo compressor, EQ, Noise shaping)
- Mark function (up to 99 location marks)
- Built-in chromatic tuner and metronome
- USB 2.0 port for data backup/restore and file transfer with a computer