Sleeker, refined and simply better than ever – the American Professional II Precision bass line-up is another leap forward for Fender, introducing all new features such as rolled edge fretboards, a “Super Natural” neck finish and an improved V-Mod II pickup.
You simply can't go wrong with a P bass! The Precision is capable of all styles and sounds while never looking out of place in any scene. This American Pro II model captures the exquisite heritage of its predecessors to a tee.
It’s a case of little changes coming together to make a big difference here. The Precision is made of a sturdy alder body with an all-new redesign for the bolt-on maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, enhanced by the precise 1963 “C” neck shape and classy rolled fretboard edges. They're supreme additions, making transition up and down the neck that bit smoother.
Things only get better with the Super Natural satin neck finish, doing its part to keep your fretting hand moving freely without sticking as you might find with a gloss layer.
Precision bass hardware is some of the most resilient around, and that can be said of the American Pro II. It's equipped with Fender's advanced HiMass Vintage bridge, ensuring even vibration distribution for precise body feedback while playing and unwavering tuning stability, working in tandem with the real bone nut and lightweight vintage-style tuning keys.
The original V-Mod pickups sounded fantastic. But Fender have yet again raised them a level to pack in more articulation than ever before. The V-Mod II split-coil designed specifically for the Precision is an absolute beast of a pickup, throwing its powerful low-to-mid frequency weight about with ease. This is a bass you can tell is doing the heavy lifting in a mix.
- Series: American Professional II
- Country Of Origin: US
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "1963 C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod II Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Top-Load)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top