The Fender American Original Jazz Bass captures the vibe of the bass that was incredibly popular in the 70s. The block inlays are what easily identify this as a serious 70s style bass.
The slim U-shaped neck is a pleasure to play and one of the main reasons that bass players in tons of different genres choose a 70s style Jazz bass as their weapon of choice.
The 2 singlecoil pickups are both fat sounding Pure Vintage '75 pickups with loads of articulation so that you'll still retain clarity, even when driving a powerful bass amp.
The American Original Range
The American Original range focus on decades rather specific years - which could get quite confusing at times.
These basses have also got a Modern fretboard radius with a vintage-shaped neck to ensure they're as playable as possible.
The Gloss Urethane finish is one of the major changes that Fender made to ensure that their instruments didn't age and retained their 'as-new' beauty.
Here's what Fender say about the American Original 70s Jazz Bass
Over the course of the '70s, the Jazz Bass entered its ""teenage years,"" changing its visual style and inspiring new playing techniques-such as slapping-which led directly to new, creative forms of expression. Its smooth feel and growly midrange, tempered with a bit of treble bite, made it a hero in recording sessions around the globe. The American Original '70s Jazz Bass updates the smooth playing feel with a modern-radius fingerboard, while retaining the classic Fender tone and style that made the Jazz Bass the tool of choice for creative bassists.
The Pure Vintage '74 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The sleek ""'70s U""-shaped neck profile and 9.5""-radius fingerboard combine for a comfortably agile playing feel. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge-vintage-style hardshell case.
An authentic recreation of the instrument that created funk and disco, the American Original '70s Jazz Bass is the best way to get inspired and groove.
- Ash body with polyurethane finish
- Two Pure Vintage ‘75 single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Thick “’70s U”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; four-saddle bridge
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck: Maple, 1975 “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard: Bound, Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.475” (37.46 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage ‘70s with Fender Logo
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Pure Vintage ‘70s with Single Groove Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black (800, 821), 3-Ply White/Black/White (806)
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Middle)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Hardshell