The Stone Deaf Fig Fumb is a really interesting muff style fuzz that takes the base circuit and improves on it...in about every way possible. Not only does it have a wider sweeping gain control but it also now has a full parametric EQ for finer adjustment and a built in noise gate to stop all of that horrible post fuzz nastiness from hitting your amplifier.
The Big Muff is probably one of the most popular fuzz designs. Its ability to work great on almost any guitar and amp matched with its cool mixture of extreme game and subtle drive when needed made it a go to pedal. Unfortunately it was extremely large, unwieldly and had a fair few other problems that in the modern day did not need to be here. Enter the Fig Fumb one of the best Muff style fuzz boxes you can get today.
Controllable through a bunch of controls that including Fuzz, Balance, Frequency, Cut/Boost and Bandwidth lets you dial in not only the amount of fuzz but the level, EQ and specific frequency notches that help it work with any amp. Because of all of this control you can go from the extremes of a muff fuzz to some much more subdued almost overdrive tones.
Noise Gate Built In
While a lot of pedals will say they have a noise gate built in, they often forget to give you the control you need to get the perfect tone. With the Fig Fumb it is not only controllable it is also footswitchable so even if you only want it for a small sections of your set no problem at all!
Here's What Stone Deaf Say About the Fig Fumb Fuzz
Fig Fumb is an anagram of that famous Muff we all know and love. With some tweaks to the fuzz circuit and some refined control of the tone this ripper of a fuzz pedal has enough gain to take out your windows.
Its not all about the gain though. In the past these types of circuits have been unruly and hard to handle to get that lovely muff tone nailed down to a tea for recording or just cutting through the mix. but with our parametric EQ we achieve this like no other Muff on the market.
The Fig Fumb has a full spectrum parametric filter centred around a unique cut boost para-centric function. It also has a built in noise gate to lock down any un-ruly
feedback and noise. You do have the ability to roll back the Balance knob and the fuzz knob for lesser fuzzier tone which can be great for more of a distortion based fuzz. With all the features on the Fig Fumb it is like no other muff on the planet and be sure if you want unprecedented options for fuzz, then this is your ticket.
- Parametric EQ with adjustable High Gain Fuzz (Many different tonal palettes of high gain Fuzz available)
- Frequency response from 35Hz-6kHz (Full spectrum of guitar amplifier tone)
- Dual channel, with or without noise gate function (switchable Rhythm (with noise gate) and lead channels without noise gate)
- Frequency control knob sweep control via expression pedal (high gain Fuzz frequency changes on the fly)
- Fig Fumb Fuzz Wah Wah function via expression pedal (Fuzz wah wah tones with no tone sucking)
- Fig Fumb Phaser function on via expression pedal (Fuzz phaser tones with no tone sucking)
- 9v Power supply centre negative (low power consumption)
- Quick Change Battery Box (quick change over of battery)