Here's What Steinberg Say About the AXR4U:
The AXR4U is Steinberg’s high-end professional audio interface, with USB 3.0 connectivity via USB-C for the widest range of computer connectivity options. With switchable Rupert Neve Designs SILK emulation,32-bit resolution and a sample rate of up to 384 kHz, the AXR4U is a remarkably flexible and high-quality solution for professional-level recording, with ultra-low latency drivers ensuring that recording and monitoring are optimized for any recording situation. A comprehensive range of input/output options, robust build quality and the intelligent dsp Mix Fx AXR application make AXR interfaces the logical choice for professionals.
SuperSpeed USB 3.1 with USB Type-C
The AXR4U features the USB 3.1 Gen 1 Super Speed standard, which provides fast, reliable and seamless connectivity to Mac and PC computers via a USB Type-C connector. Together with the reduced latency of our newly designed SSP3 chip and latest, most refined drivers, theAXR4 gives you peace of mind wherever you are recording. By being compatible with the USB 2.0 standard*, you can also enjoy the benefits of reduced latency with computers that do not provide a USB 3 connection.
* There is a channel limitation at176.4 kHz or higher sample rate when connectingAXR4U to Mac or Windows PC via USB 2.0standard.
- 28x24 USB 3.0 audio interface with USB Type-C
- 32-bit integer/384 kHz recording and playback
- AXR hybrid mic preamps with Rupert Neve Designs SILK
- 28x24 full matrix mixer
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip, VCM compressor 276 and EQ 601, including VST 3 and AU plug-in versions
- Expandable I/O via ADAT, S/PDIF and AES/EBU
- MIDI in/out and word clock ports
- SSPLL ultra-low jitter reduction
- New custom panel for perfect integration into Cubase
- Bundled Cubase AI fully supports 32-bit integer format