Here’s What SSL Say About the SSL 2+:
Solid State Logic studio tools have been at the heart of music production for over 40 years, helping world famous artists, producers and studios to create so many of the records you’ve come to know and love. Now, with SSL 2+, you get all that hit-making know-how in your own personal studio.
With beautifully SSL-designed analogue microphone preamps and immaculate 24/192kHz conversion for studio-quality recording, pristine monitoring paths and high-performance headphone amps for crystal-clear playback and an intuitive front-panel low-latency monitor mix control, you’re always ready to capture the next great performance.
The ‘Legacy 4K’ mode – inspired by classic SSL consoles, gives you the ability to add extra analogue character and sparkle to your sources when needed.
To top it all off, the included ‘SSL Production Pack’ software bundle, which includes some of SSL’s own studio-grade Native plug-ins and a carefully selected range of DAWs, samples, loops and virtual instruments from industry leaders, gives you an incredible arsenal of tools for creating your next hit.
Legacy 4K – SSL Analogue Enhancement
SSL has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it’s the sound of our classic EQ ‘242’ and ‘292’ EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL G-Series Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of our groundbreaking SuperAnalogue™ designed mic amps and consoles, we’re always moving forward. Nothing highlights our dedication to the science than the recent Fusion and SiX product, where we have taken our analogue obsession to another level.
However, sometimes the raw sound of a microphone can sound a little ‘uninspiring’ or lifeless and you need something to bring it to life. This is where the Legacy 4K button comes in. Legacy 4K is an all-new analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000 series console (often referred to as ‘4K’). With the Legacy 4K button, we’ve distilled 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breath some life into ‘boring’ or ‘dull’ sounding input sources:
High-Frequency EQ Boost
The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a ‘forward’, yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
4K consoles are synonymous with an imparting certain ‘mojo’ to signals passing through them. Using modern components, SSL have created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet-sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path.
SSL Production Pack
Pro Tools | First - In addition to Protools First, an exclusive SSL collection of AAX plugins including the legendary Bombfactory compressors: BF-76, BF-2A and BF-3A.
Ableton Live Lite - The lightweight version of Ableton's acclaimed music creation software for musicians, producers and DJ's alike.
1.5GB of samples from Loopcloud - SSL and Loopcloud have come together to curate this ready-to-roll collection of samples and loops, organised intuitively by genre and available through the award-winning Loopcloud software.
Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start - Kick-start your musical journey with 2000+ incredible sounds from synths, sampled instruments, essential effects and samples.
SSL Native Vocalstrip2 & Drumstrip - In addition to the brilliant selection of 3rd party software, SSL are bundling their DrumStrip & VocalStrip2 plug-ins! SSL’s renowned knowledge of audio processing and workflow, distilled into two user friendly plug-ins designed to get great results, quickly and consistently on your vocal and drum productions.
- 2X Class-Leading Mic Preamps (130.5dB EIN / 62dB of Gain)
- Pro-Studio Quality Neutrik Connectors and Alps pots
- 2X High Current Headphone Amp with independent monitor mix
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AKM Converters
- Legacy 4K Analogue Enhancement - Inspired by SSL4000 series console
- MIDI I/O
- Additional un-balanced Outputs for DJ Mixers
- SSL Production Pack - Exclusive software bundle
- Advanced Workflow Technology utilised in ergonomics, layout and metering
- Mic/Line/Inst Inputs: 2
- Legacy 4K Switches: Yes
- Balanced Monitor Outputs: Yes
- Additional Unbalanced Outputs: 2
- Stereo Headphone Outputs: 2
- Low-Latency Monitor Mix Control: Yes
- MIDI I/O: Yes
- USB Bus-Powered: Yes
- Freq response 20Hz – 20 kHz (line / Inst) ± 0.05dB
- Freq response 20Hz – 20 kHz (Mic) ± 0.1dB
- Mic Input EIN (A-Weighted, 150 Ω termination) -130.5 dBu
- Input Dynamic Range (A-weighted) 110.5dB
- Monitor Output Dynamic Range (A-weighted) 112dB
- Input THD+N (@1kHz) <0.0015 % @ -8 dBFS, <00.5 % @ -1 dBFS
- Monitor Outputs THD+N (@1kHz) <0.0012% @ -8 dBFS, <0.002 % @ -1 dBFS
- Maximum Input Level +5.5dBu
- Maximum Output Level +12.5 dBu
- Width x Depth x Height 9.2 x 6.2 x 2.7” / 234 x 157 x 70mm
- Weight 1.98lbs / 900g
- Boxed weight 2.64lbs / 1.2Kg