The Paranormal series goes far beyond what we think we know about Squier guitars. It embraces forgotten models, dabbles in what could have been and stirs the pot of familiar Squier specs.
Fender fans will be familiar with the Cabronita: a solid body, humbucker-equipped Telecaster. But the Squier Thinline Cabronita is different again, drawing heavily from late '60s Tele and Jazzmaster design.
The Cabronita Thinline Tele is a semi-hollow guitar made using a poplar body. That allows it to sound rich and airy – ideal for styles of music heavily reliant on pristine cleans or overdrive with a bit of swagger.
Such a sleek guitar needs playability to match. The Cabronita delivers thanks to a fast “C” shape maple neck and narrow tall frets embedded in the matching maple neck. Hardware includes a sturdy 6-saddle string-through-body bridge and synthetic bone nut combo.
Fender designed the Cabronita's Jazzmaster pickups to go hand-in-hand with the semi-hollow body for a vibrant, silky tone. More versatile than you might think, alnico Jazzmaster single-coil pickups cover a wide range of characterful sounds suited to creative players.
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)