The Paranormal series goes far beyond what we think we know about Squier guitars. It embraces forgotten models, dabbles in what could have been and stirs the pot of familiar Squier specs.
Fender fans will be familiar with the Cabronita: a solid body, humbucker-equipped Telecaster. But the Squier Baritone Cabronita is different again, drawing heavily from late '60s Tele and Jazzmaster design.
At a long baritone 27-inch scale length, this particular Cabronita is perfectly suited to alternate dropped tunings all the while retaining solid string tension. It allows you to cut a crisp, precise tone through low notes - an extremely desirable quality for rock music styles.
Such a sleek guitar needs playability to match. The Cabronita delivers thanks to a fast “C” shape maple neck and narrow tall frets embedded in the matching maple neck. Hardware includes a sturdy 6-saddle string-through-body bridge and synthetic bone nut combo.
Fender designed the Cabronita's Soapbar pickups to go hand-in-hand with the Poplar body for a vibrant, silky tone. More versatile than you might think, these alnico single-coil pickups cover a wide range of characterful sounds suited to creative players.
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 27" (686 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Soapbar Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Soapbar Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.014-.068 Gauges)