Who says limited edition guitars have to be expensive? Presenting the Squier Classic Vibe '60s Custom Esquire, based on the original single coil, solid body design. Rarely do you come across an Esquire in the Squier catalogue; this is the true maverick player's guitar of choice.
Esquire pickup and switching
The classy Telecaster forerunner features a Fender-designed pickup with a unique three-way selector switch. Great tone, simple controls (when you know what they do). The single pickup configuration separates the Esquire from its Tele successor, not only in style and versatility but in sound. The lack of a neck pickup gives it a percussive, lively character.
The three switching positions allow you to engage or disengage the tone control, essentially letting you set a second specific tone to change to on the fly. The third position lets you roll off the volume and tone and retain top-end sparkle, which is otherwise lost in so many other guitars.
Build-wise, the Esquire follows is classic Fender and Squier footsteps. It's made of a lightweight nato body attached with a bolt-on maple neck. The "C" shape is standard across most Squier guitars and provides a nice balance for all varieties of guitarists new to Fender Tele style. Its narrow tall frets are dip into modern influence and keep you moving freely across the laurel wood fretboard.
In place to hold that famously stable tuning and intonation is a real bone nut and tried-and-tested three saddle bridge.
- Body: Nato
- Body Binding: Aged White
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Esquire
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Neck Finish: Tinted Gloss Urethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Configuration: S
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Volume Control, Position 2. Volume and Tone Controls, Position 3. Volume Control and Fixed Treble Roll-Off Capacitor
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Chrome Barrel Saddles
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel