The Squier Contemporary Strat HSS is the perfect choice for the modern playing seeking progressive features in a beginner guitar. The HSS pickup formation is known as a Super-Strat because it’s so incredibly versatile giving you those fat bridge humbucking tones and lovely clean, clear singlecoil tones when you change over to the neck and middle position.
The slim C-shaped neck gives the guitar a slick feel and is really easy to play – ideal for speed and effortless bends.
Both pickups have high output which makes them great for rock, metal and other contemporary styles of music. They’ll give you crunchy rhythm sounds and soaring lead sounds for when you’re playing guitar solos.
Its controls are very simple and easy to use with a single volume control and single tone control - which acts as a universal EQ control to remove treble if needed.
Here's what Squier say about the Contemporary Strat HSS
The Squier® Contemporary Stratocaster® HSS is an outstanding choice for the modern player seeking progressive features in a guitar that in a guitar that has authentic vibe and style.Player-friendly features like a slim “C”-shaped maple neck give this guitar a slick, smooth feel, while the 12” fingerboard radius and jumbo frets are ideal for speed and effortless bends. The ceramic single-coil neck and middle pickups provide crisp, clear and dynamically responsive character to complement the ceramic humbucking bridge pickup, which boasts hot output for powerful tones perfect for crunchy rhythms and soaring solos. Premium styling cues include zebra humbucking pickup bobbins and an eye-catching matching painted headstock to make this guitar stand out from any crowd.With its combination of timeless Strat style, player-centric features and incredible tone, the Contemporary Stratocaster HSS is the perfect hard-rocking addition to your arsenal.
- Series: Contemporary
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck:Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish:Natural Satin with Gloss Matching Headstock
- Fingerboard:Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)Frets:22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays:Cream Dots
- Nut (Material/Width):Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines:Standard Die-Cast
- Scale Length:25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge:2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Block Saddles
- Pickguard:3-Ply Parchment (565 & 573),3-Ply Black (523)
- Pickups:Ceramic Single-Coil (Neck), Ceramic Single-Coil (Middle),Ceramic Humbucker (Bridge)
- Pickup Switching:5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls:Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs:Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish:Chrome
- Strings:NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag:None
- Contemporary Stratocaster® HSS