The Squier Affinity HSS Stratocaster is a rock guitar for beginners and younger players! Without getting too technical the 'HSS' bit means there's a 'humbucker' pickup on this model, humbuckers are more powerful so they sound rockier! And with singlecoil pickups in the neck and middle, you get what's called a superstrat. A guitar that can cover any style of music with ease because its so versatile.
Squier Affinity Series are entry level instruments made by Fender themselves, so what you're getting is not a cheap copy of what the rock stars use: the Squier Affinity Stratocaster HSS is made by the same company that designed the Strat over 50 years ago and have been building them ever since! And the Strat was used by guys like Jimi Hendrix and John Mayer.
Squier guitars are renowned throughout the world for unbeatable value, because when it comes to musical instruments just being cheap isn't good enough: but affordable quality is what you get from a Squier by Fender electric guitar!
Here's What Squier Say About The HSS Affinity Stratocaster
One Step Beyond
The best value in electric guitar design, the Affinity Series Stratocaster HSS delivers solid sound and style with single-coil and humbucking pickups, a two-color headstock logo, single-ply "platinum sparkle" pickguard and eye-catching finishes. Classic features, giant sound and modern playability make this Stratocaster a great introduction to our famous sound and feel.
- Maple neck with "C"-shaped profile and “large” headstock
- 21-fret fingerboard
- Dual single-coil Stratocaster neck and middle pickups, humbucking bridge pickup
- Five-way pickup switching
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge
The stylish chrome hardware on this model resists tarnishing.
Humbucking Bridge Pickup
For fat, warm tone with balanced sound, this instrument features a humbucking pickup in the bridge position.
Two-Color Headstock Logo
The elegant gold and black two-color headstock logo lends a touch of class to this instrument.
Series: Affinity Series
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.61" (40.9 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Standard Die-Cast
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Large '60s Style Headstock, White Plastic Parts, Black Silkscreen Logo, Dot Position Inlays