The Squier Affinity HSS Stratocaster is a rock guitar for beginners and younger players. Without getting too technical, the 'HSS' means there's a humbucker pickup on this model, meaning it will produce a powerful rock tone.
Squier Affinity Series are entry level instruments made by Fender themselves, so what you're getting is not a cheap copy of what the rock stars use. The Affinity Strat is made by the same company that designed the original instrument over 50 years ago and have been building them ever since.
Squier guitars are renowned throughout the world for unbeatable value, because when it comes to musical instruments just being cheap isn't good enough. Affordable quality is what you get from a Squier by Fender electric guitar!
The Montego Black colour combined with sparkle scratchplate looks the business! High contrast, high power and super modern!
Here's what Squier say about the Affinity Stratocaster:
Squier Affinity Series guitars are the best value in electric guitar design. The Affinity Series Stratocaster HSS delivers solid sound and style, and new for 2013 are a two-color headstock logo, single-ply "platinum sparkle" pickguard, and eye-catching Lake Placid Blue, Olympic White and Burgundy Mist finishes. Other features include single-coil neck and middle pickups, humbucking bridge pickup, five-way switching, smooth-playing rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets, synchronous tremolo bridge and large ’60s-style headstock.
- Series: Affinity
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.61" (40.9 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Headstock: Large '60s Style
- Neck Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Humbucking
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Standard Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black , 1-Ply White , 3-Ply Black , 1-Ply White
- Other Features: Large '60s Style Headstock, White Plastic Parts, Black Silkscreen Logo, Dot Position Inlays