The Squier Affinity Precision Bass PJ is based on the genuine Fender design that effectively 'invented' the electric bass guitar way back in 1951! The Precision Bass (or P-Bass as it's often called!) has lasted the test of time and been the favoured bass of many rock and pop bassists! Because Squire are made by (and owned by) Fender you are getting the genuine article at an affordable price not a cheap copy!
The Squire Affinity range are perfect bass guitars for beginner musicians, younger players and those looking to buy a first bass guitar. Don't settle for cheap copies when you can get the genuine article!
The black-on-black finish has an awesome look that's modern and yet also looks classic!
Here's what Squier say about the Affinity Precision Bass PJ
Squier Affinity Series basses represent the best value in bass guitar design. The Affinity Series Precision Bass PJ rocks classic tone and comfortable feel, and new for 2013 are a two-color headstock logo, three-ply black/white/black pickguard, single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup in addition to the traditional split single-coil Precision Bass pickup, separate volume controls for each pickup, and eye-catching Olympic White, Black and Metallic Red finishes.
- Series: Affinity
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Middle Pickup: Standard Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: Standard 4-Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Chrome Dome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Strings: Fender USA Super Bass 7250ML, NPS, (.045-.100 Gauges)