In Source Audio's own words, the EQ2 Programmable Equalizer is the "most powerful and advanced equalizer pedal on the planet". A bold statement, but based on its impressive feature-set - it just might be true!
Building upon the formula of their original programmable EQ pedal, used by the likes of David Gilmour and John Mayer, the innovative Source Audio EQ2 adds even more functionality. Key updates include 10 adjustable frequency bands, stereo ins/outs, both graphic and parametric EQ capabilities, and MIDI in/thru jacks!
While most modern guitar amplifiers provide plenty of tone-shaping potential with their multiple EQ controls and timbre-changing switches, nothing quite beats the sheer amount of control offered by a multi-band EQ pedal - especially one as feature-filled as the Source Audio EQ2.
The availability of the full audible 20 to 20,000Hz frequency spectrum across 10 completely customisable bands means that the EQ2 can be used to precisely shape the sound of not just a guitar/amp rig - but practically any electric instrument!
With +/- 18 dB of boost or cut on tap for each band, bandwidth adjustments up to 10 times more narrow, flexible routing and separate stereo curves, an optional noise gate/limiter, deep interactive editing software, plus some shelving and high-pass frequency options - EQ2 is the ultimate Swiss-army knife for your tone.
Up to 128 Onboard Presets
The Source Audio EQ2 offers some serious versatility thanks to its ability to host up to 128 onboard presets. Save 4 of your most essential patches for easy on-the-fly access, or expand to 8 when you use the 'Preset Extension Mode'.
However, you can actually save up to 128 patches in total, which can be accessed by turning the unit's encoder while holding down the preset 'Select' button. And with MIDI capability, the EQ2 can receive messages from a pedal switcher for immediate, hands-free patch-changing!
Neuro Desktop Editor/Mobile App
Source Audio's EQ2 Programmable Equalizer offers plenty of control via its tactile physical interface. However, connecting it (via the pedal's USB port) to the free Neuro Desktop Editor and Mobile App gives you a stunningly-presented set of dials akin to those found on high-end rackmount studio gear.
User-friendly and easy to navigate, the EQ2's accompanying software offers detailed parametric editing capabilities for all 10 bands, two-channel stereo options, noise gate/limiter controls and external expression control. Neuro simply unlocks the full potential from the EQ2, with the Desktop Editor compatible with Mac or Windows, and the mobile application available for free download on iOS and Android platforms.
- 4/8/128 Onboard Presets — Edit, save, and scroll between 4 onboard presets, 8 presets in Preset Extension Mode, or all 128 presets by turning the encoder while holding the Preset Select button.
- 10 Band Graphic Equalizer -- Use the EQ2's 10 adjustable frequency bands ranging from 31Hz to 16kHz with 18dB boost or cut to sculpt the perfect tone.
- Parametric Equalization Capabilities -- Use the onboard controls or the Neuro Editor to adjust the frequency position and Q of each frequency bands.
- Simple 1-Knob Control Panel — A sleek pedal calls for a sleek control set. EQ2 is armed with a single, do-it-all encoder mode that is rotated, pressed, or held in different situations for ultimate flexibility.
- Onboard Chromatic Tuner — An onboard chromatic tuner adds to the flexibility and feature-set of the dynamic EQ2.
- Growing Library of Published Presets — For quick access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and the ever-growing Neuro Community.
- Unprecedented Sound Sculpting Options — The powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (Free download for Mac and Windows) and Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) offer maximum sound exploration and editing possibilities.
- 128 MIDI Accessible Factory Presets -- The addition of a third party MIDI controller provides access to any of the pedal’s 128 presets as well as direct control of frequency bands, signal routing, output level, and more.
- Stereo Inputs and Outputs -- Use the Neuro Editor’s routing options in conjunction with Split Mode to get the most out of EQ2’s flexibility.
- Compact Design -- The durable, anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and sturdy hardware. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs).
- Universal Bypass -- Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- USB Port -- Class compliant USB-MIDI allows the EQ2 to work as a plug-and-play device with recording software running on Mac and Windows recording software or any third party MIDI controller with USB host. The USB port also offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor providing access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
- Two Way Mobile Communication — Brand new to the EQ2, the USB port now supports mobile connection, allowing for two-way communication between the Neuro App and your pedal. This also frees up the pedal’s Input 2 jack for other use purposes.
- External Expression and Switching Control -- Use the Control Input jack with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal (expression control to multiple parameters) or Tap Switch (scroll presets and toggle settings).
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection
- Includes USB Mini cable for Neuro Moble App and Desktop Editor connection
- Power Consumption — 180mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for firmware updates and the forthcoming in-depth effects editing software.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)